Spike Camp

North woods law

North woods law
« on: October 11, 2020, 11:42:37 AM »
Watching this show and they are is Maine. Might have been New Hampshire.

Gave a guy a ticket for shooting rabbits out of season.

I never knew there was a rabbit season.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 11:51:19 AM by Big Muddy rancher »
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
Re: North woods law
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 01:10:25 PM »
Elmer Fudd hunts the wascally wabbitt all year long!  :) 

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 01:27:55 PM »
Elmer Fudd, LOL! Yes, most US states have a rabbit season; they are considered game, even though they may be pests to farmers.
Come and take it.

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 02:11:50 PM »
In 18+ years in Florida, ain't never seen a wabbit, even a road kill!  ;D Have seen a everglades "panther" road kill and even killed a bobcat.  That got me a "free" hog hunt! I did mess up the coat with a 7mm WSM  140 TSX at a 10yd. shot. Oops! Yuppers, it opened up!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 02:33:17 PM by Grouchy »

zonie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 07:54:35 PM »
Open year round in most of AZ , normally people don't hunt them in the summer months due to parasites,  if you are going to eat them wait till winter to hunt them,  mighty tasty.  A good friend now passed we use to go shoot them  big old scraggly jack rabbits and he would pressure can them  and he would give me a bunch of different spiced up jack rabbit in jars, they are suprisingly  not bad when canned.   Cotton tails we just fry , Squirrels have hunting  season's here,   we cut in qtrs  and bake them a plastic  turkey bag  with some spices for about an hour or so until tender meat falls right off the bone , not bad.   If you try and spit them over an open fire like in the movies they are about as tuff as a Uniroyal tire.    I loved hunting our Kaibab and Abert's squirrels, but my wife won't eat them so I don't hunt them too much anymore.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 08:23:50 PM by zonie »

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 08:03:09 PM »
Rabbit hunting in Texas is open year-round. For sport in the summer and eating in the winter.
DosEquisShooter

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 09:51:46 PM »
Open year round in most of AZ , normally people don't hunt them in the summer months due to parasites,  if you are going to eat them wait till winter to hunt them,  mighty tasty.  A good friend now passed we use to go shoot them  big old scraggly jack rabbits and he would pressure can them  and he would give me a bunch of different spiced up jack rabbit in jars, they are suprisingly  not bad when canned.   Cotton tails we just fry , Squirrels have hunting  season's here,   we cut in qtrs  and bake them a plastic  turkey bag  with some spices for about an hour or so until tender meat falls right off the bone , not bad.   If you try and spit them over an open fire like in the movies they are about as tuff as a Uniroyal tire.    I loved hunting our Kaibab and Abert's squirrels, but my wife won't eat them so I don't hunt them too much anymore.

I've always heard that you only eat rabbit if you kill it in a month that has an "R" in it.
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 11:10:34 AM »
They are all over my backyard.  ;D ;D  Wife won't let me hunt them, she said I hunt all the deer I want, but those rabbits are hers.  :(

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 11:20:31 AM »
They are all over my backyard.  ;D ;D  Wife won't let me hunt them, she said I hunt all the deer I want, but those rabbits are hers.  :(

Wait until they eat or kill a plant or tree she likes then she might change her tune. ;D
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 02:23:43 PM »

Wait until they eat or kill a plant or tree she likes then she might change her tune. ;D

LMAO!!!!!  They have, and she is good with it.  >:(  However, it's a different story with the moles we have in the yard, it's open war on them.  LMAO!!!!!

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 03:17:44 PM »
I have rabbits running around on my property too. I use to love watching them running around in my garden, then they started burrowing under the house and dug a heap of sand out and filled the cavity where the pumps for my spa were making it unusable. That was the end of rabbits in the house yard. They all copped a 40 grain subsonic .22 cal pill. I still have a few running around out in the paddock though.
Aussie gun nut.