Spike Camp

Out of the hospital again

Re: Out of the hospital again
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 06:38:38 AM »
Hang in there man! I've played the infection game with one of my knee implants and believe me don't go there. They can show up 8 months after surgery (me). GJ

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 10:11:31 AM »
Get better and take care of that diabetes! There is a glucose monitoring system (reader and adhesive sensors) made by Abbott Laboratories called Freestyle Libre that sticks on your arm, which allows you to read your blood-sugar level as often as you want, with no pricking of your fingers. You change the sensor twice a month. Not cheap, but insurance often covers much of the cost.
Come and take it.

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 02:12:37 PM »
JIC you don't know, after serious testing, Gin actually lowers blood sugar in a martini. Second best is Vodka, no mixers! A far following is clear rum, again no mixers!

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 04:14:56 PM »
Man Derrill, donít scare us like that.  Take care of yourself buddy, and if something like happens again, let someone here know, so we can check up on you.  I know we are all in diff places, but technology is a wonderful thing.  Stay safe and God bless you brother.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 09:26:38 PM »
Derrill, sure was sorry to hear about your medical problems and your hospital stay. As you get older, you need to take all injuries and sicknesses more seriously, especially when you live alone. I'll add you to the list of people I pray for by name daily. I hope you know (for real) that we're all pulling for you to recover as soon as possible and then stay as healthy as possible. You're a good friend to everyone, and we care about your well being. Prayer changes things, but please do your part. Take care and stay well, Agape, Danno
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2020, 05:22:55 AM »
Thanks for the well wishes guys i rely appreciate them. When i went back to the hospital last friday i was told i had extrem dehydration and medacation poisoining. My blood pressure was so low that my nurse told me when she first saw me she did  not think i was going to make it. My pressure was 65 over 38 and took several hours pumping fluids in me to get back to normal. I feel so much better now. I almost did not go because i have been told by the va er docs when i went in for gout pain (i could not walk) i was being a baby. Lesson is if you dont feel right go get help. Thanks again guys.
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

Marishka

• Cancelled bear hunt so I could get this
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 05:55:17 AM »
As Grouchy says, see a good eye doctor. Diabetes can cause the loss of vision and a lot more. Even though Glaucoma was the primary cause of my losing vision in my right eye, Diabetes contributed to it.

By the way, I love the rifle case you made for me. The engraving on the leather is spectacular. Also, I will probably use the Mk V that I bought from you on an Elk hunt - a hunt to warm me up for my planned Brown bear hunt - some time in the next 6 months. If I can do that, I will post photos. I did not post that Mk V in my list of guns because I ran out of characters. But, it is in my safe, loved and well taken care of.

Be very careful with injuries and Diabetes. It is a devastating disease if you are not careful with it.
NRA Endowment
MkV 22-250
MkV 270 + 2 270 wby stainls
MkV 308
MkV 270-300 Wby
MkV Alas 375 H&H
MkV 257 Wby fluted stainls barrel
MkV 7mm Wby stainls UL
MkV 300 Wby stainls x 2
MkV 30-378 Wby
MkV 340 Wby
MkV 375 Wby x 2