Spike Camp

6.5-300 Meateater Mark V

224KING

• View Profile
Re: 6.5-300 Meateater Mark V
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2020, 03:37:17 PM »
I would imagine that it's up to the Australian government how many Weatherby importers there are,and not Weatherby
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2020, 03:44:25 PM »
I would imagine that it's up to the Australian government how many Weatherby importers there are,and not Weatherby

It just makes Weatherby not very popular here in Aus because of the costs. $199 for a 50 box of brass or over $200 for a factory box of 20 ammo is insane.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2020, 04:29:59 PM »
The importation of Weatherby products changed companies a couple of years ago and the price has been going up whilst the imported content has been going down. They basically don't import a rifle or anything Weatherby until you order one and then it's at least a 6 month wait.
Aussie gun nut.

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 04:44:19 PM »
With the gun/ammo rush here in the U S, the availability and costs are going through the roof as well! 

Buckleman

• B-MAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2020, 09:27:02 PM »
9mm is gone nuts if you can find it. Pistol primers small rifle primers as well.

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2020, 09:25:53 PM »
Well, I really love my 6.5-300. I can handload it for long range plinking or hunting. The factory premium 130 Sirocco’s are super accurate in my gun . It’s shootable without a break. Sorry to hear it’s so expensive there because it’s really hard not to keep shooting when you get dialed in at a long distance.

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2020, 09:46:33 PM »
Well, I really love my 6.5-300. I can handload it for long range plinking or hunting. The factory premium 130 Sirocco’s are super accurate in my gun . It’s shootable without a break. Sorry to hear it’s so expensive there because it’s really hard not to keep shooting when you get dialed in at a long distance.

What sort of long range distances you shooting mate.
What scope you running?
I was looking at putting the Leupold VX-6HD 4-24x52 (34mm) CDS-TZL3 on mine.
Looks like a sensational scope for hunting and some serious long range hunting and plinking.

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2020, 08:29:55 AM »
It’s a viper pst 5x25, 680 is the furthest, when I first got it, I shot it at 600 in a hunter class competition with the 130 sirrocos. I had no idea where I was hitting cause we were at 12x and ended up low but with everything inside a 5” circle. Never again as the barrel was hot even with the 2 minutes after 5 shots. I’ve got about 500 rounds through it and it will still put 4 shots inside a 1” square at 200. It’s a custom brake our gun club president made and installed.

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2020, 09:07:39 AM »
Somewhere on this phone I have a pic of the target, working today so short on time. If memory serves, 2or 3 never hit paper and I’m pretty sure they were low as the whole group was low. Plus the barrel was hot. Can’t see where it hits at 680 as it’s a gong that’s almost impossible to get to. I had to race out and pull it out this am to see what scope, I couldn’t remember. Been super busy trying to finish building a house and work full time and haven’t shot it in quite a while and bought a few other rifles that had my attention. Looking forward to getting on top of things and seeing how my target handLoads do at further distances. Love the caliber. It’s wicked fast report when it hits the gong

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2020, 07:04:15 PM »
Somewhere on this phone I have a pic of the target, working today so short on time. If memory serves, 2or 3 never hit paper and I’m pretty sure they were low as the whole group was low. Plus the barrel was hot. Can’t see where it hits at 680 as it’s a gong that’s almost impossible to get to. I had to race out and pull it out this am to see what scope, I couldn’t remember. Been super busy trying to finish building a house and work full time and haven’t shot it in quite a while and bought a few other rifles that had my attention. Looking forward to getting on top of things and seeing how my target handLoads do at further distances. Love the caliber. It’s wicked fast report when it hits the gong

Yeah ok mate I can’t wait to get mine and use it. Sounds like you’ve got a fair bit going on.