Spike Camp

Whatever happened to Dubyam?

Whatever happened to Dubyam?
« on: October 14, 2020, 10:24:17 AM »
I think may have posted this question already, but this happens when you get old LOL. I have not seen any posts or heard anything for quite some time and was wondering if something happened to dub. Anybody heard from him lately? Very knowledgeable guy who posted some good stuff.
Come and take it.

Re: Whatever happened to Dubyam?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 11:15:07 AM »
Tex i send him pms every once in a while and he responds rather quickly. He is fine and doing well. His job and family keep him very busy.
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 12:52:33 PM »
I remember him saying he would be spending his time on the Weatherby Collectors site. Of course that doesn't mean he won't look at Weatherby Nation now and then.

Several years ago he was one of several who were named as something like the most valued contributors. The only other Weatherby Nation member I remember being named was the late, great Roger "Terminator" Horn.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 01:57:50 PM »
I miss HDH ! 

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 07:12:03 PM »
I miss HDH !

Yes it kind of bothers me when a member just disappears. I would hope if I go quickly my family would inform the mt internet friends.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

Marishka

• Cancelled bear hunt so I could get this
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 07:27:56 AM »
If we are lucky, we all age and become senior citizens in a variety of physical and medical, etc. conditions. I will be 76 nest month and but for the loss of vision in my right eye due to Glaucoma, I am doing pretty good and plan to bag a big Brown in Alaska next fall. So, if any of those who post disappear or periodically appear as they/we age, it is a fact that must be understood.

We all have different backgrounds and experiences and some, like me, are honorably discharged veterans or present active military who serve or did serve, and adhere to the oath we took to protect this country and our Constitution from ALL enemies, both domestic and foreign. Any who disrespect us are the enemy.

Many of those of us who have reached senior status are faced with increasing numbers of threats, such as Covid-19, a disease that preys on seniors and those with conditions like diabetes and hypertension. I have all three conditions and do all I can to protect myself and those around my by wearing a proper mask and keeping my distance. All who fit into any of those conditions are at risk and it is hoped that all on this site remember that and, if nears to any of the Weatherby brothers or sisters, will reach out and give aid to them if they need it.

When I first came to Weatherby Nation, Dubyam was here and quite vocal. I recall many exchanges and posts and all in the nation did all to impart to others the benefit of their Weatherby, gun and hunting knowledge. It is a rare and wonderful experience. I know that I posted about my arguments with Chuck Hawks with my position being that the .300 Weatherby was better for bears than the .338 Win Mag. My arguments were better mv, me, and sd and that if looking at the .300 Weatherby all had to be considered including 250 grain Barnes originals and 250 grain Hawks. All good fun and I hope it continues.

In closing, I say to Dubyam, I hope all is well with you and that you will visit the nation from time to time to give us an update. I was gone for several years due to the impact Glaucoma had on me. But, now I am back, am shooting again and will continue to give my experience. It is not that much time to fall 2021. Then, I expect to bag a bigun!
NRA Endowment
MkV 22-250
MkV 270 + 2 270 wby stainls
MkV 308
MkV 270-300 Wby
MkV Alas 375 H&H
MkV 257 Wby fluted stainls barrel
MkV 7mm Wby stainls UL
MkV 300 Wby stainls x 2
MkV 30-378 Wby
MkV 340 Wby
MkV 375 Wby x 2
MkV 378 Wby
MkV 416 Wby
1899 Ithaca Hammerless
Guarini OU
Orion OU
M1 Carbine wa

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 08:00:58 AM »
Zonie was also named as one of the best contributors to Weatherby Nation.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 08:34:47 AM »
Thanks for the info guys. I always liked reading his posts and learned a few things in the process - with Roger gone and Dub sort of MIA, there is a little chunk of the Nation missing. And then there's Jameson disappearing too. Because of time I don't have, plus I like the guys here, I don't spend any time on other forums.
Come and take it.

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 08:40:38 AM »
I see Whitson on the Weatherby Facebook page here and there.
I think he's doing just fine.
Mark