Spike Camp

Parler

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
Parler
« on: November 14, 2020, 04:08:54 PM »
I have made the move from FB to Parler.  Less intrusive. no ads, more conservative!  Just don't make the same mistakes. No personal photos, location or job info like we did on FB!  Cynical? you bet your ass! When we went online or used a smart phone, our security was in the crapper!  Denial is not real!  The Nation is not a secure site. 

Re: Parler
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 04:24:00 PM »
A lot of my friends are switching to MeWe, FB definitely intruded in the election.
Doug

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 04:48:56 PM »
A lot of my friends are switching to MeWe, FB definitely intruded in the election.
+1 FB sold our info to the highest bidder.  I went with Parler because several friends moved there. It looks like Midway is doing the same shit as per my ads online say! Look at something there and get related ads om my home page!

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 04:53:31 PM »
Parlar- MeWe- Whatever
Donít be Gullible.
I know what I know if you know what I mean

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 08:14:35 AM »
+1
I wouldn't trust any of them. Even on here, where we're "anonymous," I sometimes think I say too much.
Come and take it.

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 10:37:01 AM »
I believe I said that in my first post.  ;D   Keep your info as private as possible while online anywhere. Unsecure sites are the worst! LOL!

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 04:58:59 PM »
A smart phone has a embedded  GPS locator. Anybody can buy the software to know the exact location of that phone. Face Book stores every post made if you don't delete them. They sell info to the highest bidders. They use facial recognition. That is why I said allow minimum info to any social network. Parler says it doesn't share info. That may be true right now. Security went out the window the minute we went online. My little town now has a contracted drone operator. I guess big brother wants to keep a eye on my garden. Assume if you are outside, you are on somebody's camera. Paranoia is a learned thing!

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 02:04:31 PM »
Parlar future in jeopardy.   
DosEquisShooter

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 03:04:12 PM »
Parlar future in jeopardy.   
I agree! I was on it for 3 days before I deleted it. Lunacy ruled!

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 12:33:14 PM »
Never had a FB page; never will. The closest I've ever gotten to social media is this forum. Never use your full real name online period (you guys know this already, of course). Agencies can find who you are (on here for example) just by your IP address, which is a footprint that stays. Even if a site is supposed to be "secure" don't believe it, there's no such thing. Encrypted data decoding is done all day long by certain organizations. 
Come and take it.

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 04:04:15 PM »
Being the absolute cynic, they didn't even have a legit email address for me. The now senator Cruz from outer space was a frequent poster there . My FB page died a bit before "Parler". I mistakenly posted my dog's name there and started getting spam ads in her name.