Spike Camp

Shipping Ammo Any suggestions will be Appreciated

Shipping Ammo Any suggestions will be Appreciated
« on: January 10, 2021, 07:39:05 PM »
I have to ship some 44-40 ammo I loaded.
What's the best way ?
Any help would be appreciated . Thank you
Mark

txaggie

• If it bleeds we can kill it
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Ammo Any suggestions will be Appreciated
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 07:45:54 PM »
fed ex or ups ground - how much do you have to ship?

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 07:47:34 PM »
UPS seems to be the only one still willing to ship ammo... at least from my area. Don't forget to make sure you attach a ORM sticker or one of the new hazard stickers or they will give you the run around. One last note... make sure that its legal to send to the person/state as intended. Laws have changed.
Bill

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 08:15:12 PM »
Here's what the new label looks like. If you dont have access to the stickers, most guys just go online and download a pic, make a copy and tape it to the box. Works just the same.

Bill

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 08:19:14 PM »
Aggie I sold a 1873 on gunbroker. To sweeten the pot I through in the dies brass  bullets.  And 80 loaded rounds.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 08:59:39 PM by grizzly340 »
Mark

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 09:01:32 PM »
Thanks Doc.
I had no idea.
Mark

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 06:40:11 AM »
I have shipped reloads to my buddy in Colorado through the USPS. I told the clerk it was ammo and he said OK. No joke. It got to Colo Springs A-OK in three days.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 07:03:47 AM »
I have shipped reloads to my buddy in Colorado through the USPS. I told the clerk it was ammo and he said OK. No joke. It got to Colo Springs A-OK in three days.

Me too
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 07:08:16 AM »
eford, I didn't think it was possible to ship ammo via USPS so I looked on line and found this:

Can ammunition be shipped USPS? No, you are not allowed to ship ammo via the United States Postal Service.Jul 9, 2020
USPS prohibits the shipment of ammo both domestically and internationally. Therefore, you'll need to use another carrier such as UPS or FedEx if you wish to ship ammunition.
DosEquisShooter

txaggie

• If it bleeds we can kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 07:37:39 AM »
yes you are not supposed to and they are supposed to turn you away at the post office. It has and does happen not every employee reads the manual;

you can actually measure and weigh the box and plug in a label on UPS/Fed Ex site and go drop it off or schedule a pickup. We get packages commercially at the office or my wifes office so it isn't hard to arrange. If you have a ups or fex ex store you  can just walk-in with package and they will hook you up. That one will  get expensive i shipped 1,000 boxed rounds of 308 last summer to Florida for like 70 bucks.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 08:30:33 PM »
I found A box with the stickers all ready on it for shipping.  I bought A coil spring trap and they put it in the box. Just happen to see the sticker Doc showed  me
 I will use that box to ship the Ammo.
Thanks Again.
Mark