Spike Camp

New 240 Wby 90gr. Accubond Load

New 240 Wby 90gr. Accubond Load
« on: January 10, 2021, 07:55:49 PM »
I didn't know they made this ammo till a few days ago. Since I don't reload for the 240, I'm strictly using factory Wby ammo in my Ultra. I've used the Spire and Spitzer loads in the past, but mainly use the 100gr. Partition load as my current choice for deer and coyote hunting. I was thinking of trying the 80gr. Barnes TTSX load, but with the 90 gr. Accubond load now available, that may change those thoughts. Anybody using or have tried this new 90gr. Accubond ammo yet? Any thoughts on this new load as a good all-around load for deer, antelope and predators?
Bill

224KING

• View Profile
Re: New 240 Wby 90gr. Accubond Load
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 08:02:21 PM »
I'm shooting the 85gr TSX and it is true to it's name.Triple Shock.It stops everything in it's tracks.
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 06:50:31 AM »
I'm shooting the 85gr TSX and it is true to it's name.Triple Shock.It stops everything in it's tracks.

Tom, You've mentioned this before, whats your shot placement?
DosEquisShooter

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 07:10:42 AM »
Low shoulder.I try to at least enter a shoulder or wind up in a shoulder,but I still try to go across the top of the heart.Even though these bullets don't fragment,the shock wave that surrounds the wound channel is very destructive to soft tissue.The bigger and thicker the whitetail the better they work.This ammo needs resistance.
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

txaggie

• If it bleeds we can kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 07:33:05 AM »
i just ordered some myself i do like accubonds fond of the 110's for the 25's. I will see what the wifes gun likes i have a collection 80 grain tsx, 90 grain x bullet, 100 grain partition as well as some custom loaded 90 grain scirocco's which i love in my LH jap.

Before you buy search ammoseek.com

found mine for $58 bucks a box felt that was a steel - probably going to grab a couple more boxes of partitions too. If those shoot in any of our 240's would be a deadly combo. Personally i don't think there's a wrong bullet.

Barnes high in the shoulder blades will "more often" than not anchor them! I like variety as you  can tell by my thread - i have an ammo problem too;

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 11:13:44 AM »
Thanks for the info guys. I'm also a Accubond fan... obviously the reason for my inquiry. Looks like both the Accubond and Barnes loads are both great options for the 240.
Bill