Spike Camp

Ammo, what ammo?

Re: Ammo, what ammo?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2021, 01:30:12 PM »
Point taken. I toned down my comment for the sake of the forum, although I have no fear of these tyrants.
Come and take it.

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2021, 01:59:56 PM »
Point taken. I toned down my comment for the sake of the forum, although I have no fear of these tyrants.

Good move! We just need to tread carefully right now.   :)

zonie

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2021, 06:47:46 PM »
1984  the  movie or read the book by George Orwell. 

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2021, 09:28:44 PM »
catskinner,  we always have a flock of our favorite Canadian snowbirds down in the warm winter grounds in the Valley.  I'd almost bet a few of them are stocking up on ammo where they can,   I don't know how or if they can transport it back to Canada ?   Never really thought about it before.  Or just leave it here in the States with friends they can hunt down here if they want.

the point of my post was, the craziness has gotten to the point of people trying to buy ammo and reloading components in an another country and trying to get it shipped across an international border.

Before 9/11 we use to be allowed to bring a certain amount of ammo and reloading stuff across the border, but homeland security put a stop to that after 9/11. Now, I guess you can take your chances, I'm sure some gets though, and some don't

Rob

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 04:42:16 AM »
My local gun shop had to put on their website, that they were a Canadian company, and can only sell to Canadian customers. Americans was trying to buy up all the ammo and reloading components  :o hahahaha.

Rob

When I searched for primers, a Canadian company came up as having them. Yup, they had it posted "no U S sales" . I was not specifically looking to buy anything from them. There prices looked high until I realized it was Canadian dollars.  ;D

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 07:02:50 AM »
My local gun shop had to put on their website, that they were a Canadian company, and can only sell to Canadian customers. Americans was trying to buy up all the ammo and reloading components  :o hahahaha.

Rob

When I searched for primers, a Canadian company came up as having them. Yup, they had it posted "no U S sales" . I was not specifically looking to buy anything from them. There prices looked high until I realized it was Canadian dollars.  ;D

yep, that dollar exchange gets us pretty good sometimes.  :o  I see that http://higginsonpowders.com  up here still selling 5000 count case lots of WLRM and CCI BR-4 primers for not a bad price.

https://raynershinegunworks.com  has 1000 count bricks even federal 215M's

Rob

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2021, 12:09:24 PM »
Stopped in two more stores this morning. Not much of anything unless you want 12 or 20 gauge bird shot. Plenty of 8, 7 1/2, very small amount 6 and 4 shot. No buckshot. For defense purposes out to maybe 20 feet, bird shot actually will do the job pretty well and won't go through as many walls as buckshot.
Come and take it.

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2021, 08:21:18 PM »
Ammo and reloading supplies is the toilet paper of 2020.
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2021, 02:14:50 AM »

;D So true!

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2021, 06:48:35 AM »

;D So true!

hahaha, i agree  ::)

Rob

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2021, 07:26:22 AM »
One key difference is that there are a whole lot more assholes out there than shooters and reloaders. Just a guess ;D
DosEquisShooter