Spike Camp

CZ to acquire Colt possibly

I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

Re: CZ to acquire Colt possibly
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 10:02:50 PM »
Not sure how to react to this one.... In one sense, I hate to see this historic company in the hands of foreign ownership, but on the other, I'd hate to see them fold up and go out of business either.
Bill

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 10:33:33 PM »
At least CZ make quality, it's not some fly by night money management company that's buying them.
I can't tame wild women

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 10:44:41 PM »
I agree with you. I dont own any of they're products, but they do have a good rep and I have a few buddies that swear by them.
Bill

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 08:06:05 AM »
I have a CZ 22 magnum semi auto and it hasn't failed me yet. Or should I say I had a CZ 22 WMR and sold it along with all my other rifles and pistols, for 1 dollar each.
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 08:15:48 AM »
I have a CZ 22 magnum semi auto and it hasn't failed me yet. Or should I say I had a CZ 22 WMR and sold it along with all my other rifles and pistols, for 1 dollar each.

At least you didn't lose them in a boating accident on the Big Muddy lake like I did.
I can't tame wild women

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 08:19:06 AM »
Yeah, those boating accidents can take a lot of rifles and pistols. Sorry to hear of your loss Muddy. ;)
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

zonie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 08:36:57 AM »
Colt has been relying on their name,  no innovation and high prices IMO.   CZ is a decent gun maker no doubt their CZ 75's one of the best handling handguns made one reason a few CZ 75 type clones are out there.  I don't think they can rely on a few good firearms for the American market,  they need to get on the ball with what's selling in the U.S.A. especially  Ultra lightweight Micro Compact handguns for concealed  carry, and other weapons.  Colt is dead in the water IMO unless they start innovating and leading and get the prices down.  A case could be made well they make fine handguns, yea so what !!!  Ruger is killing them along with several other makers of Colt clones.  Colt needs to also come up with a few micro ccw pistols for cheap, one of the reasons the plastic guns today are kicking butt, cheap to make, not because they are better than the older all metal semi-autos.  Hopefully CZ is in there to make some big changes at Colt otherwise who knows what will happen.  Honestly I really can't see any good reason  why CZ would want to buy Colt unless it's for the name.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 09:17:59 AM by zonie »

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2021, 09:59:27 AM »
Doesn't CZ already own the Dan Wesson brand?

zonie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2021, 10:08:26 AM »
They do.   Colt clones.  The new Dan Wesson use to make the revolver pak wonderful gun and I think dropped it a couple years ago.  The original Dan Wesson revolvers are as good as it gets especially longer range hunting and silhouette competition known for long range revolver accuracy.   
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:14:47 AM by zonie »

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 11:31:40 AM »
I had one of those boating accidents too. Too bad.
Come and take it.