Spike Camp

Carbon Barrel Vanguard

Carbon Barrel Vanguard
« on: January 12, 2021, 02:09:22 PM »
First post here. Glad to have found this forum! Anybody know if there's a carbon barrel coming in the Vanguard line? I know Howa has introduced one in their 1500 line. I just didn't know if I should be patient and wait for Weatherby to turn out a Vanguard carbon barrel variant (which I'd prefer) or to go ahead on a Howa. Would get a Mark V Carbonmark but this will be in 270 Winchester and that's not an option to my knowledge in the Mark V Carbonmark. Thanks and take care everyone!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 03:05:10 PM by Murph-77 »

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
Re: Carbon Barrel Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 03:14:22 PM »
Welcome to the nation! I'm interested in the carbon barrels. I'm convinced the lead in time on changes is a bit of a long time. Grab the Howa, assuming you can get ammo for it.  :)

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 04:10:40 PM »
Yea kind of what I'd wondered. Problem is now I'll have to wait until they turn out a 270 Win instead of just the coveted 6.5 creed they have as the only chambering right now. Great cartridge for punching paper but I'll stick with 270 Win for these Kansas deer. Thank you for your feedback take care! Sure wish they'd put a Vanguard out 🙄

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 06:54:39 PM »
I would wait, but if your in a hurry look at the Savage, l would take a savage action over the howa.
Higher end savage is a nice rifle
Mike