Spike Camp

340 WTBY Brass

340 WTBY Brass
« on: January 15, 2021, 10:39:52 AM »
I am looking high and low for 340 brass.  I just got my rifle replaced I had my old one stolen out of my rig while up hunting this past fall.  The low life who stole it took my rifle in aluminum hard case that was chained to my roll cage and my metal ammo box with all my loaded and empty brass in it.  They cleaned my FJ40 out they took my Ipad, my CB, my extra pair of bino's, my winch controller and my old range finder along with all the extra hunting clothes I had in back covering everything up.  They even took the change out of the ash tray.  They broke out a passanger side window to get in.  It had to have set off the alarm because they raised the hood and my positive battery cable was cut.  Where I hunt is a long ways from where I live )over two hours) I have always taken two rifles for the past 30+ years anyway.  I was hunting with my 338RUM that day and left my 340 in my truck.  County Sheriff took a report and I turned in my serial number for my rifle when I got home.  The Deputy told me that I was the third rig he'd taken a report on of people breaking in a stealing stuff and it was the third day of early season.  He took finger prints as well off a couple places inside my land cruiser.   What I wouldnt give for 5 minutes in a room with the lowlife scum who took my stuff......

I have been reading alot and maybe someone here with more knowledge them me can tell me if what I saw was true.  I read you can convert 8mm Rem Mag brass to be able to shoot in my 340???  If this is true I can get a bunch of brass from my father whos been shooting his 8MM for longer then I have been alive haha.

Thanks fella's
"Hold my beer and watch this"

Re: 340 WTBY Brass
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 01:35:53 PM »
Thank you

I just ordered 100 brass I appreciate it.  I searched but didnt see them I guess maybe I missed it but thank you very much and I hope you have a great day

https://www.grafs.com/catalog/category/categoryId/805

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021460785

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 04:42:19 PM »
Thank you

I just ordered 100 brass I appreciate it.  I searched but didnt see them I guess maybe I missed it but thank you very much and I hope you have a great day

https://www.grafs.com/catalog/category/categoryId/805

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021460785

No problem, I was surprised to actually find some!!!
Doug

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 09:06:20 AM »
I went to the inlaws house this weekend.  I went to a little hole in the wall reloading/ammo shop and man did I hit the mother load.  They actually had 223 9mm and 10 mm on the shelf not to mention WEATHERBY AMMO galore oh and tons of powder.  I walked out of there with the old checking account 1300 dollars lighter but I bought every box of 340 and 257 he had.  3 8# jugs of H1000 some R22 and R25.  He actually had 450 Bushmaster ammo as well (key word there was had).  I couldnt believe it and it was not price gouging prices same price I could buy that stuff for 2-3 years ago.  I think the old man working there thought I was nuts all the stuff I bought haha.  Wife on the other hand no to impressed lmao....

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 07:34:36 AM »
Hello all, I came across this post and want to know if anyone wants once fired brass.  I have multiple calibers available.  Father-in-law passed away and we found A LOT of brass in baggies he saved to reload.  Let me know.

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 11:11:15 AM »
what's the going rate for once fired 340 brass?

curious.... thanks.

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2021, 05:07:51 PM »
I am looking high and low for 340 brass.  I just got my rifle replaced I had my old one stolen out of my rig while up hunting this past fall.  The low life who stole it took my rifle in aluminum hard case that was chained to my roll cage and my metal ammo box with all my loaded and empty brass in it.  They cleaned my FJ40 out they took my Ipad, my CB, my extra pair of bino's, my winch controller and my old range finder along with all the extra hunting clothes I had in back covering everything up.  They even took the change out of the ash tray.  They broke out a passanger side window to get in.  It had to have set off the alarm because they raised the hood and my positive battery cable was cut.  Where I hunt is a long ways from where I live )over two hours) I have always taken two rifles for the past 30+ years anyway.  I was hunting with my 338RUM that day and left my 340 in my truck.  County Sheriff took a report and I turned in my serial number for my rifle when I got home.  The Deputy told me that I was the third rig he'd taken a report on of people breaking in a stealing stuff and it was the third day of early season.  He took finger prints as well off a couple places inside my land cruiser.   What I wouldnt give for 5 minutes in a room with the lowlife scum who took my stuff......

I have been reading alot and maybe someone here with more knowledge them me can tell me if what I saw was true.  I read you can convert 8mm Rem Mag brass to be able to shoot in my 340???  If this is true I can get a bunch of brass from my father whos been shooting his 8MM for longer then I have been alive haha.

Thanks fella's