Spike Camp

Crazy Weather

danno50

• View Profile
Re: Crazy Weather
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2021, 08:58:27 PM »
After tomorrow, things should get better Tom. (hope you don't get any set backs) We've had rolling power blackouts throughout the city since Sunday evening, for between 20 min. to 8 to 12 hours at a time. San Antonio Water System issued a boil-water notice Wednesday, mostly out of caution. WiFi/Internet sporadic, this being one of the longest periods its been on. One more round of sleet and snow to contend with before we're clear. Good luck to you.   
DosEquisShooter

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2021, 09:58:47 PM »
Thanks Dan
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2021, 03:23:08 AM »
If we had the cold here that is going on, it would be worse than imaginable. The city water lines are above ground in places. The water shutoff and feed to my house is above ground outside. My electricity is from a natural gas fired plant. it would freeze. My furnace wouldn't keep a bathroom warm. Ha, I still have my cold weather hunting and work clothes, including a goose down parka. Plus, I have a goose down sleeping bag from my hunt in Wyoming.  My neighbors from the islands can't cope with mid 40's temps. "Low" temp of 72 today!  Good luck dealing with the nasty weather!   :)

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2021, 06:28:41 AM »
Glad to hear from you guys, and glad to hear you guys are getting by.  Hopefully this thing will be over soon. 

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2021, 07:26:01 AM »
There is something good that will come out of this.We have been having such lite Winters that the bugs,especially flies,have gotten absolutely out of hand.I bet they won't be as plentiful this Summer.
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2021, 11:04:18 PM »
Put an X on the calendar for Feb 18.One more day to go.We are supposed to get up to 48 tomorrow afternoon.I'll still be busting ice and toting water though in the morning.
Remember 10534