Spike Camp

Who All Carries A Pocket Knife ?

Re: Who All Carries A Pocket Knife ?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2021, 09:45:27 PM »
I always carry a pocket knife,have done for close to 60 years.my current one is a Benchmade folder with a clip
Max

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2021, 07:11:38 AM »
I carried a Schrade 3 folder all thru highschool.While others were getting theirs taken away by teachers and the principle.I just kept mine in my pocket and never had any problem.That way I wasn't without it,when at work,before and after school.
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

txaggie

• If it bleeds we can kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2021, 07:42:13 AM »
carry a little buck single blade old school - girls bought me a tooled sheath for Christmas with my initials on it so now it gets carried on my belt;

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2021, 08:30:33 AM »
I carried a Schrade 3 folder all thru highschool.While others were getting theirs taken away by teachers and the principle.I just kept mine in my pocket and never had any problem.That way I wasn't without it,when at work,before and after school.
That 3 folder is called a "stockman" . It's one of the older designs still around. I have a Case stockman. The same design with 2 blades is called a "trapper" .  They both come in various sizes.   :)

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2021, 08:36:19 AM »
 I thought Tom's was like mine? I still have and carry my Schrade NY USA "Old Timer" 340T. (3 blade folding)
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2021, 09:13:40 AM »
Don't leave home with out one and have it on me most of the time at home also.
Been carrying since I was 10 and started with a Barlow graduated to and Old timer and then a case , Buck Kershaw, Gerber, Berretta and who knows what other brand since If I see something I like I buy it. There is always one laying some where for me to pick up and put in my pocket at home.
Been known to only carry a little 2 blade folder with about 1 1/2" blade while hunting and dressed a many a white tail with it.
Present carry is a Buck Prince which is over due for retirement since I have had to dress the tip so it doesn't cut me when I reach into my pocket since the tip was exposed when closed.
TD

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2021, 09:21:52 AM »
Your correct Grouchy, it is a Stockman design.
DosEquisShooter

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2021, 09:55:39 AM »
Schrade was in NY, not sure they are still in business in the U S. Case is in Bradford PA. , same town is famous for Zippo lighters. I do have a serial numbered Case trapper that is worth it's weight in gold, or at least 22LR ammo at CTD.  ;D  I've been buying, trading and selling knives for 50 years. Buck, Case, Ka-Bar and Bench Made are still made here. Some Columbia River knives are made here .  :)

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2021, 12:28:38 PM »
I have always carried a pocket knife. As a kid doing farm chores a sharp pocket knife was very handy to cut the strings on the hay and straw bales.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2021, 04:37:21 PM »
One time in class I remember there had been a big knife roundup and a fellow student didn't like it that my knife didn't get confiscated and said to the teacher "why didn't Tom get his knife taken away?" and the teacher,knowing the deal,said " I didn't see him playing with his knife".

Hell,now if you even have a 22 casing on the dash of your pickup,an empty from a semi auto kicked up there you can get your parking lot rights taken away,or a 3 day suspension,all kinds of crap.
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2021, 07:31:34 PM »
One time in Walmart I saw a couple beat up boxes with Case on them. They had a Trapper and a Stockman's knife in them. Bought them both cheap on sale. I put the Trapper with both blades partially open on a frame with  stick on plate with the name and birth date of my Cousin's son. On the back I wrote a few details about how his Dad used to come to the ranch for the summers and I hoped he would visit as well.  I think it's still hanging on his bedroom wall.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2021, 02:39:07 AM »
I have my dad's Buck 110  lock back hunter from the early 60's. Buck still makes them with the very same ebony wood scales. I do have some limited productions from Buck . They might be worth a few dollars more, but not the same "value" as my dad's knife.  :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 03:23:08 AM by Grouchy »

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2021, 06:34:55 AM »
Big muddy that's good thinking hidding the knife in the plant pot. I'm not that smart.
Grouchy I love those Buck 110's I have bought many for gifts. Bought 2 for my bosses last year and had there names laser engraved on them.
But funny I don't have one for my own.
I have to check out those bench made. Those are real nice. And I wasn't even aware of them.
I had another Remington 2 blade. It's was about the size of my buck. But I lost That the a hole in the pocket. Still have the box should see if I can E bay one for back up.
Mark

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2021, 07:00:36 AM »
Most of the Remington knives are made in China now. If you are prone to losing them, they are decent and fairly cheap.  I'm not much on carrying a knife in my pocket. I use a belt pouch with a Velcro flap.  I  take off the clip on most knives I carry but save them in case I trade it. That Bench Made Bugout pictured  has been a huge seller for them. It weighs under 2 ounces and costs about $130. I get most of my knives and belt pouches from agrussell.com .  Smokey Mountain Knife Works is another good source.  :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 07:05:08 AM by Grouchy »

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2021, 07:07:41 AM »
My Dad and I each got a big Boker tree brand folder in a nice leather sheath. I wore mine until I wore a hole in the bottom of the sheath and Dad's went in his sock drawer. I think a grandson might have got it. They had to be on your belt created
quite the "Bump" in your pocket.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild