Spike Camp

weather

Re: weather
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2021, 05:53:56 PM »
;D 87 here with only 45% humidity!

When it hits 85 to 90 with 10% humidity I'll be sure to let you know.

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2021, 05:56:38 PM »
Been snowing here most of the day, starting to accumulate a couple hours ago, still just slush
Mike

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2021, 10:15:07 PM »
Set a record low here this morning.Around 6:30am this morning it was 31.Abilene news said old record was 35 degrees for today.Supposed to be 90 Sunday.
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2021, 02:25:41 AM »
90% chance of rain Tuesday, not a drop! 70% yesterday, same result! The temps have been pretty normal for this time of year.  The storm last week destroyed my veggie garden. It rained so hard, it just ran off with little soaking in.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2021, 06:18:54 AM »
It was 37 degrees this morning here in GA.  Grouchy, you'll probably get some cooler weather today.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2021, 08:09:08 AM »
It was 37 degrees this morning here in GA.  Grouchy, you'll probably get some cooler weather today.
Yea, it's only going up to 80 today with 70% humidity.  Pretty decent!

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2021, 10:23:26 AM »
Tucson today, High:82, Low:57, great golf weather. Won't be long now before the century mark (100+)will be monotonous till the end of October. JM

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2021, 10:46:47 AM »
We have had light rain/snow mix for 2 days. Clearing off today. Still no standing water, and not much mud
Mike

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2021, 04:55:09 AM »
I've been fighting a failing sprinkler system at the house I look after. The check valve on the well head is bad and sticks open. The pump keeps losing its prime. I dug it up and beat the hell out of it with a hammer. It worked for a while. Their yard is showing the affects of the dry weather. The owners hired professionals to replace the valve today. Once it is fixed. I figure it won't stop raining.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 08:53:31 AM by Grouchy »

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2021, 06:47:55 AM »
Probably has some jipp buildup and it's keeping the spring loaded half moon flapper inside from sealing against the seat.
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2021, 06:50:32 AM »
Don't know if that fixes your pump from losing it's prime though.could be another check down there that is bleeding off too
Remember 10534

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2021, 08:52:40 AM »
It's the only check valve. I have dug up the pipe from the pump to the well head. There is a elbow 3' off the pump that I though was the well head till I dug it up. If there were 2 check valves, they both failed at the same time?  It isn't clean water for sure. This system was in place when I moved here 19 years ago. Both the people that lived there are long dead, so no answers on how old  the system is. The current owner and I replaced the pump not too long ago. It's a 2" pipe and check valve. The owner decided to have a sprinkler company do the work, his $$, not mine!   :)

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2021, 10:25:29 AM »
If it's just a shallow well with a centrifugal pump at the surface then it should have a check valve at the bottom of the pipe in the well or maybe a few feet off the bottom of the pipe in the well.If it's a submergible pump in the well then it shouldn't lose it's prime.The pump body should always be in water.

Another thing to think about.If it is only 8 to 12 foot deep,and you haven't had any rain in a while,the thing may be dry or have really limited entry to the well bore.It would act like it's losing it's prime if it ran out of water and got air.
Remember 10534

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2021, 11:45:18 AM »
If it's just a shallow well with a centrifugal pump at the surface then it should have a check valve at the bottom of the pipe in the well or maybe a few feet off the bottom of the pipe in the well.If it's a submergible pump in the well then it shouldn't lose it's prime.The pump body should always be in water.

Another thing to think about.If it is only 8 to 12 foot deep,and you haven't had any rain in a while,the thing may be dry or have really limited entry to the well bore.It would act like it's losing it's prime if it ran out of water and got air.

It has to be at least 60'  deep here to get to fresh water, not salty. The pump is external. The well has run a bunch with no real rain for weeks. It ran 3 times this week after I wailed the tar out of the check valve on Sunday. I have primed the pump 6 or more times with some success. We thought the well might be dry, but it would never prime and run as many times as it has. This has been going on for weeks with next to zero rain since the first of the year. It runs on a analog clock control. It works perfectly but keeps lousy time.  :) 

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2021, 01:40:42 PM »
They replaced the check valve after I just told them it was losing the prime. The system is running!  It took 2 men and 2 big pipe wrenches to do the job.  It is set to run automatically in the a m.  I figure the rain will start about the same time.  ;D