Spike Camp

Marlin returning soon

Marlin returning soon
« on: April 12, 2021, 01:28:17 PM »
It should only be a matter of months before Marlins are once again in production and won't be the pathetic junk that the last owners allowed out the door. I am optimistic that quality will return and a once great brand will be back. Below, I've pasted Ruger's official words on the situation:

"As you are likely aware, the Remington Outdoor Company recently faced some financial difficulties that forced it into an unfortunate bankruptcy. This proceeding resulted in the sale of all of the Company’s assets, including its intellectual property, brands, fixed assets, machinery, and tooling. Most liabilities, including open orders (even if pre-paid), warranty claims, and contractual obligations, were discharged by the bankruptcy proceeding.

Although a sad development for the legendary company and its loyal employees, we at Ruger are grateful for the opportunity it presented. We are thrilled with our acquisition of the Marlin Firearms Company - an iconic American firearms brand. We regard Marlin’s 150-year history of great, American-made firearms as nothing less than a perfect fit for Ruger. Together, we believe the two brands will stand as American icons in the firearms industry.

To be clear, our purchase of Marlin from Remington was not for an operational firearms manufacturing company, but rather for the assets associated with the Marlin brand. Specifically, the product designs, intellectual property, machinery and tooling required to make these great products.

Now that our purchase is complete, we have relocated the acquired Marlin assets to Ruger facilities. We also have begun the complex process of setting up production for new, Ruger-made, Marlin-branded firearms. There is much to learn and do, but we anticipate bringing these products to market in the second half of 2021. We ask that you please bear with us during this process, but rest assured we are committed to producing Marlin firearms with the same quality and attention to detail that is a hallmark of the Ruger brand. We are confident the resulting products will be something you and your members will enjoy and be proud to own.

At this stage, because we do not yet have parts, equipment, or expertise, we are unable to service existing Marlin firearms or honor any warranty offered by the Remington Outdoor Company. We hope you appreciate the constraints that limit our ability to take care of firearms made prior to our acquisition. In the future, we certainly will service Marlin firearms produced by Ruger utilizing the same high standards consumers have come to expect from Ruger for over 70 years."
Come and take it.

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
Re: Marlin returning soon
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 02:54:14 PM »
Our lever actions may well be the future AR. I can't wait to own a Ruger made Marlin! Good info, Tex! 

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 03:11:22 PM »
Our lever actions may well be the future AR. I can't wait to own a Ruger made Marlin! Good info, Tex!
+1

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 03:23:25 PM »
Is Ruger going to utilize it's Prescott Arizona facility for Marlin production? JM

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 04:21:39 PM »
Is Ruger going to utilize it's Prescott Arizona facility for Marlin production? JM

Customer Service at the Prescott facility should be able to tell you.

Telephone: 336-949-5200 / Fax: 928-541-8835
(Monday through Friday 6:00am - 4:00pm MST)
DosEquisShooter

bluemts

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 05:23:22 PM »
i will buy a marlin lever action when they become available.

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 06:07:27 PM »
I think a new 45-70 Govt by Marlin will fit nicely in my gun cabinet.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 03:22:54 AM »
A little research says Ruger is going to build the Marlin rifles in their N C facility. 100 tractor trailer loads of Marlin's equipment has moved it from the former Remington location to Ruger's existing location.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 02:10:21 PM by Grouchy »

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 07:11:16 AM »
Those are great news, hopefully the quality will improve.  I kick my self in the rear for selling an 1894 in 44 Mag.   >:(
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 10:36:34 AM »
Ruger is fully capable of getting quality back to a respectable level. I think they will and am looking forward to seeing what comes off the line later this year. I wouldn't be surprised if a few start hitting the market in time for hunting season.
Come and take it.

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 02:56:42 PM »
I do have a 336C in 35 Rem, pre Remington. I'd sure like to add to that with a "R" for Ruger.  ;D