Spike Camp

Chronograph?

bluemts

Chronograph?
« on: May 08, 2021, 08:41:58 PM »
Have never owned my own chronograph. As I near retirement I plant do more reloading and shooting at the range. The Magnetospeed chronograph looks pretty good, simple but functional. Any opinions out there? Thanks

Re: Chronograph?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 05:10:51 PM »
I purchased a magnetospeed when they first came out. It works very well and is easy to use,but it does affect point of impact. I have had a labrader for a number of years now and would never go back to an optical or magnetospeed chronograph. I guess it depends on how much you reload and shoot,but I think it’s well worth the extra cost.
Max

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 05:28:32 PM »
I have been using the simple Caldwell chronograph for a few years now and it works just fine for me.
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 09:33:51 AM »
Have never owned my own chronograph. As I near retirement I plant do more reloading and shooting at the range. The Magnetospeed chronograph looks pretty good, simple but functional. Any opinions out there? Thanks

I purchased a Caldwell and for the most part its ok, couple of errors if the round is not centered directly of the pick up. It’s software will take photos and measure group size and for the money its good. I shoot more often now with several calibers and bullet development now I am switching to the lab radar.