Spike Camp

Lucky I'm a patient man...

BB340

• View Profile
Re: Lucky I'm a patient man...
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2021, 07:32:21 PM »
While on the phone today ordering 5 boxes of 240 Wby 80 gr TTSX ammo I mentioned to a Weatherby customer service rep named Teresa about your problems and she promised me that she would pass along the info.  Hopefully you will hear from them shortly.

Cheers for that mate.  :)
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2021, 09:27:01 PM »
Teresa is great at Weatherby,  she got the message she will get you in the right direction.   

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2021, 08:26:53 AM »
Well done Dinno!  Hopefully this will get the attention it deserves.  Keep us posted BB. Good luck brother.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2021, 09:50:48 AM »
BB, I agree that Weatherby will get this corrected. Here's an idea for you: plan a hunt in Wyoming (there is some great hunting there) and bring an extra airline/TSA approved rifle case. Before your hunt (or after) visit Weatherby, pick up your rifle in person (with a thorough inspection right there) and bring it home with you. Would Australia allow you to do that? Just a thought.
EDIT: Who knows, if Adam knew you came all the way from down under, I bet he would make time to step out to the showroom and welcome you personally and make sure your rifle is 100% satisfactory.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 11:47:26 AM by texweatherby »
Come and take it.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2021, 11:07:18 AM »
BB, I agree that Weatherby will get this corrected. Here's an idea for you: plan a hunt in Wyoming (there is some great hunting there) and bring an extra airline/TSA approved rifle case. Before your hunt (or after) visit Weatherby, pick up your rifle in person (with a thorough inspection right there) and bring it home with you. Would Australia allow you to do that? Just a thought.

That's beautiful, and excellent idea Tex!  Better yet, save on the extra luggage and buy the case in the US.  LMAO!!!!   ;D ;D
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2021, 05:03:30 PM »
EDIT: Who knows, if Adam knew you came all the way from down under, I bet he would make time to step out to the showroom and welcome you personally and make sure your rifle is 100% satisfactory.

Now that sounds like a great idea lol. If it was easy to bring a rifle that isn't registered here in Australia in with me then I'd be bringing several with me. I am not exactly sure how it all works though.
In all honesty I have thought about a hunt in Wyoming as well as a visit to the Weatherby facility. It isn't going to happen any time soon though..
Aussie gun nut.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2021, 11:22:59 PM »
Well I will at least have some ammo by times the rifle gets here lol. These cases and dies turned up in the mail today. I will order some Barnes TSX's to run in it too.
Aussie gun nut.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2021, 06:50:49 AM »
Sweet, Christmas in June  ;D ;D

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2021, 08:17:19 AM »
the 416 is a great caliber brett, you will like it, I actually liked it better than the 460. The tsx's shot great in the one I had  8)

Rob

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2021, 05:35:21 PM »
the 416 is a great caliber brett, you will like it, I actually liked it better than the 460. The tsx's shot great in the one I had  8)

Rob

That's good to hear thanks Rob. TSX's shoot great in all my Weatherby's. So I may as well stick with them. But I will also try the Aussie made Atomic 29 all copper projectiles too.
Aussie gun nut.

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2021, 06:53:36 PM »
While on the phone today ordering 5 boxes of 240 Wby 80 gr TTSX ammo I mentioned to a Weatherby customer service rep named Teresa about your problems and she promised me that she would pass along the info.  Hopefully you will hear from them shortly.

did they have that ammo in stock?

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2021, 08:10:51 PM »
BB, sorry to hear about the frustrations. I sure do appreciate your ability to make lemonade out of lemons though!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2021, 12:33:59 AM »

Not in Stock. I ordered 5 boxes. She told me that they had orders for 1060 boxes of 240 Wby ahead of me.

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2021, 07:02:10 PM »

Not in Stock. I ordered 5 boxes. She told me that they had orders for 1060 boxes of 240 Wby ahead of me.

MAY BE A LONG WAIT

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2021, 08:39:15 PM »

MAY BE A LONG WAIT

I may have my .416 before Dino gets his .240 ammo  ;D ;D
Aussie gun nut.