Spike Camp

Wyo Res Permits

Wyo Res Permits
« on: June 01, 2021, 03:25:59 PM »
Just finished putting in for my permits. Just a reminder to all Wyo residents that the permits have to be in by midnight today.

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
Re: Wyo Res Permits
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 03:46:04 PM »
I wish I was a resident! I have 5 preference non resident points for pronghorn.  :)

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 03:47:55 PM »
We just put in for permits in area 106.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 08:01:35 PM »
I drew a nonresident Wyoming bull elk tag. It will be my first out of state tag and first hunt in Wyoming. Excited to hunt in October.
Max

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 12:47:05 AM »
I drew a nonresident Wyoming bull elk tag. It will be my first out of state tag and first hunt in Wyoming. Excited to hunt in October.

Here's wishing you the best of luck.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 08:21:25 AM »
 mbcowdoc, do you mind sharing how many years did it take you to get the tag, and how many preference points did you have to buy?   Are you going with an outfitter?  Thanks, and good luck. 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 07:15:09 PM »
Congrats to you mbcowdoc. Already looking forward to elk hunting stories this fall. I hope to draw an "any elk" tag this year in oregon. Think we'll know by end of June.
Jerry

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 10:36:50 PM »
I am going with an outfitter,the same one that I have hunted with here in Utah for the last 4 years. Wyoming allocates a percentage of tags to outfitters,so if you go with a outfitter it takes less points to draw. I bought a point last year and drew this year. The unit is in western Wyoming and probably not a high demand unit. My son will be hunting with us, we are planning on having a good time hunting and enjoying each otherís company. Good luck to the rest of you guys in the draws and happy hunting.
Max

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2021, 11:10:19 PM »
Hope you have a great hunt with your son.
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2021, 05:00:22 AM »
Just wanted to clarify one item. Wyoming doesnít allocate hunting licenses to outfitters and guides. They have tried to get that passed and I know a few outfitters that would support that idea, but it has not passed here in Wyoming.

An outfitter may assist with the application process, but you still have to draw the license.
JK

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2021, 06:48:40 AM »
mbcowdoc, good deal, and congrats and getting drawn so quickly.  Hope you and your son have the best of times and bag an elk for some extra icing on the cake.  ;D  My son and I will do an elk hunt in Oregon when I get back from Africa next year.  ;D
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2021, 08:13:14 PM »
I apologize for the misinformation,thank you Wyoming hunter for clarifying that. My hunt is October 1. I will let you know how it goes,good luck to everyone.
Max

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2021, 08:41:14 PM »
No worries! I donít know the area where you have drawn, but you can extend your season if you want to use bows or crossbows.

Depending on the area and weather, chasing them in September during archery season can be a good option. Then again...sometimes September can be hot. You just never know...

Wyoming has very liberal rules regarding crossbow use...just FYI.
JK