Spike Camp

What do you think the new wby round is

BB340

• View Profile
Re: What do you think the new wby round is
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2021, 01:20:54 AM »
Wonder how much longer it's going to be before they release it?? Seems to be taking a long time.... :'(
Aussie gun nut.

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2021, 07:09:24 AM »
I got an email yesterday showing an even lighter version of the six lug. It had new cartridge offerings of existing rounds like 6.5x284 but I did not see any new Weatherby Cartridge offerings.

6.5x284, l have to look at that. One of my favorite cartridges
Mike

« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2021, 03:20:26 PM »
And the wait continues... Has anyone heard any more?
Bill

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2021, 04:02:53 PM »
And the wait continues... Has anyone heard any more?

Nope have heard nothing.... 
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2021, 05:45:10 PM »
I've been holding off on buying a new rifle. I really wanted to wait to see what the new caliber is going to be but I dont think I'm waiting much longer. Come on Weatherby... what is it?
Bill

« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2021, 06:48:45 PM »
Heading to a gun show in Casper this weekend.  Still looking for a nice #1.

« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2021, 06:50:42 PM »
Hey guys,

Truth be told, I would of launched a new cartridge last year if it weren't for the all time high demand and supply chain shortages.  The bottom line is that our backlog of ammunition is so high that I need to service our customers with ammo for their existing Weatherby rifles first.  If I launch a new cartridge it will eat into brass production capacity of existing cartridges.  There are many customers out there who need ammo for their rifles and so my priority is to get closer to caught up on that first. 

I hope that makes sense to you all.  I do assure you we have something developed and tested ready to launch when things get more caught up.  Oh, and then one after that too  :)

Adam

« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2021, 07:00:24 PM »
Hey Adam.... Thanks for jumpiing in with your update. Greatly appreciated. I, like others here, are some of the same guys that you refer to in your update with ammo needs and/or wants. I feel proud to be a part of a family that takes care of its customers. I'll tell ya Adam... I've been admiring the Backcountry 2.0 Carbon. Its one heck of a package. Ive just been trying to restrain myself in case the new cartridge was just around the corner. Thanks again Adam!
Bill

« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2021, 07:34:47 PM »
Adam

Kudos to you for that customer oriented attitude!

I’ve watched that “Gritty” bear hunt episode many times now...I “need” that test rifle you hauled up and down those mountains (not to mention that crazy river crossing).

I’m new to the Mark V rifle club having bought (or won) four of your rifles (2xBackcountry, 2xAccumark) in the last couple of years...I think I can sit on my hands a while longer to get the new cartridge offering.

Again, thanks for taking care of your current customers...it’s been a crazy couple of years to be sure.

Cheers,

« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2021, 09:45:23 PM »
 :o  sure sounds like 2 new calibers coming ::)  this reminds me of the girl I had a thing for in high school, cock tease, cock tease, cock tease hahaha  ;D  but understandable trying to get caught up on the ammo back log.

Rob

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2021, 02:42:22 PM »
That is a great reason as to not announce the new cartridge yet. Great to see you are looking after your customers.
I too am thinking of buying the new Mark V Backcountry 2.0 Ti Carbon in either 6.5 RPM or the new cartridge. I am impatient as I have lots of ammo and brass for all my Weatherby rifles lol.
Aussie gun nut.

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2021, 03:44:04 PM »
LOL! Pretty cryptic, Adam!  Not even a clue? 

Brian

« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2021, 09:29:04 PM »
.300 Whelen?

« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2021, 08:35:45 PM »
.300 Whelen?

30-06...Who would have thunk it.

« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2021, 04:45:24 PM »
There's a really big hole in the .284 caliber Weatherby lineup.  The only thing they have, isn't any faster than a standard 7 rem mag.  The 7STW has a 40 year head start.  That's a long time to sit on your butt.

Tony