Spike Camp

Concealed Carry Preferences

L

Concealed Carry Preferences
« on: September 10, 2007, 12:01:23 PM »
This is my first thread ever on this site. Looks like a great place!

I have been carrying my concealed handgun for about 3 years now. At the beginning I carried a Ruger P89 in a DeSantis 'Insider' IWB holster.

Then I got smart...

I now carry a Springfield Armory XD45 Compact in a Desantis 'Pro Stealth' IWB holster. I have found DeSantis to be, hands down, the best deal I can find on holsters. They are well made and cannot be beat for the price.

Re: Concealed Carry Preferences
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 10:30:10 PM »
Where abouts are you located?  You see, here in The People's Republik of California, the Communist (I mean, liberal democratic) party has taken a strong stance against gun owner's rights.  One area that has suffered especially is in the issuance of CC permits/licenses.  In our county I don't think you can even get one as a normal citizen.

However, for the sake of discussion - I really like both the XD and Smith & Wesson's competitor - the M&P.
I do also own a P89 in 9mm and have grown quite fond of it.  The biggest problem I have with it is that the aftermarket on it is small.  Tactical and concealed carry equipment seems harder to find for a gun like my P89 than a brand new M&P or XD45... other than that issue the Ruger works great.

L

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 07:49:28 AM »
I am located in Utah. As far as gun laws go, we have some of the least strict, but they could always use tweaking. I have a good friend, W. Clark Aposhian, who is desperately seeking an "Alaskan Carry" law for Utah.

I am sorry that you have to live in Kommiefornia. That is most unfotunate. But, instead of moving out of the state, we need good folks like unto yourself who will remain in said state and fight for the few gun rights you DO have. Gotta kick them bad guys' arses!!!

Nate

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:10:31 AM »
Hey tapehoser, I read your stuff on Utahconcealedcarry.com.  I also carry the XD45 but in a crossbreed IWB or C.T.A.C. holster by Comp-tac.  I like them both.  Currently I am in California so cannot carry, but by the end of the year, I'll be back in Utah, YEAH!

L

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 07:45:38 AM »
Hey, Nate! Good to see you!

Tom

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 10:37:43 AM »
I have carried a Colt 1911 Combat Commander with a  Novak reliability  and trigger jobs for about 10 years in a Milt Sparks VM II holster...

George

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 12:21:07 PM »
99% of my CC is with a S&W 642.  On the event I think I need more (or its cold enough to conceal), I love my XD-9 standard.  Truck gun is usually a Taraus 99
George

Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

SPAD

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 08:37:50 AM »
I carry a SIG P229R in a Galco Yaqui Slide.  357 SIG or 40S&W I switch back and fourth on whichever.  It's usually always raining here so it is easy to cover with a leather jacket.

SPAD

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 05:01:56 PM »
In the summer months I carry a Glock 19 9mm or a Colt Detective Special 38. Sometimes during the summer, I will carry my Colt Officer's ACP in 45.  All are usually carried in an Uncle Mike's IWB with a "larger than my size" polo shirt with tail out.  When I can wear a light jacket or coat,  I carry a Glock model 22 in 40 caliber, S&W 686 357 magnum, or a Colt Lightweight Commander in 38 Super.  All with a Don Hume or Bianchi thumb break holster. During hunting season I carry one of my Colt Pythons, S&W 686 or S&W 629 in 44 magnum in a Bianchi belt or shoulder holster.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 05:36:00 AM by Magnum 7mm »
"I'd rather live by a man that owned a Weatherby rifle than shoot another brand!"

Kurt

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 08:01:32 PM »
I carry a Taurus Millenium Pro Stainless in .40S&W. It has Williams FireSights on it, which makes a huge difference. I carry in a nylon IWB holster. When it gets colder, like below 90 degrees (I live in Florida ::)), I can switch to my Sig 229 in .40.
Kurt
Forum Owner, Florida Gun Forum
http://flaguns.com/index.php

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 02:51:29 PM »
I carry a Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry in .45 ACP.  My pocket gun is a Kel Tec P32.
BPH

Ron

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 09:29:14 PM »
I carry a good old fashion Springfield 1911.   Course, I tweaked it considerable with hard work and superior parts.  I do love my .45s.  Ok, on occasion, when hiding the .45 gets tricky, I carry a 2" Colt Detective in a pancake holster.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 09:35:28 PM by Ron »
Ron

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 06:04:14 PM »
I have two handguns that I regularly carry, but not at the same time. LOL  The first is a Glock Mod. 36. It's their sub-compact .45ACP with tritium night sights. The second is a Ruger SP101 in .357 mag. It has the 3 1/16" barrel, Hogue grips and a Wilson spring kit that I added. The trigger pull is about as smooth as any that I've owned.
As for concealed carry laws, I'd rather see a nationwide law passed so that the carry permits could be accepted by ALL of the states.
Don

Scott

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 09:49:00 AM »
The old war horse 1911, in 45acp. mine is a Wilson combat CQB with a 5" barrel that i hvae carried for 10yrs.
if you ask why i hunt you wont understand.
the only thing common about common sense, it's not that common

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 02:55:40 PM »
Being in The Lone Star State, The republic of Texas when I do carry I carry the Colt Python wheel gun, loaded with .357 hollow point.
It's not just the hunt, it's having the privilage of having the guardianship of protecting the outdoors.