Spike Camp

Concealed Carry Preferences

Re: Concealed Carry Preferences
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 10:34:24 AM »
I'm new here, but already love it. I saw this thread (I have carried a handgun almost 40 years), and wondered if anyone who has a carry permit is worried that their name is now on a list the government can search at anytime? I started to get a carry permit, but then got paranoid. I don't want officialdom knowing about any of my firearms, and coming in to try and take them away. Told ya, I'm paranoid!
"It's carved in stone...the right to keep and bear arms.."

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 02:25:06 AM »
S&W Gunsite Special 44 special in a custom IWB rig loaded with a +p 180gr JHC. 8)

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 01:39:36 PM »
I have carried for a while and have carried all diffrent makes but the best that I have carried and still carrie is a Walther PPKS 380 it is one of the safest firearms to carrie with one in the pipe with the block safty and shots great groups with the fixed barrle and has the stoping power of the ninne mm small compact and fast shooting I also bought my wife one to carrie becuse it is safe and easy to conceale
EMiller

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 01:49:55 AM »
I carry either a 9mm Beretta 92FS, a 40 S&W Beretta 9000S, or a 10mm Colt Delta Elite.  It really depends on what I'm going to be wearing, doing, and going as to which one I pick.  Usually I carry them in a pancake holser or once in a while I carry the 40 in an ankle holster.  My advice is no matter what you carry make sure you're familiar, proficient and comfortable with it.  I would also highly recomend a good set of night sights such as Trijicon's.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 06:21:14 AM »
springfield XD in 40 S&W.....love it....also have a carry permit......they are pretty easy to get here in West by god Virginia.....just starting to reload it....anyone have a good load???

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 11:26:28 AM »
I been carring for the last 35 years. Most of that time was a 1911 or a S&W65-5. For the last 10 tears or so its been the 65-5.Amy, thats her name is mostly strong side. In the event I am driving alot I carry cross draw. If she is not with me, I am hunting and have in a shoulder rig a single action .45. Nice back-up as I mostly hunt with a front stuffing smoke pole. Practis with what you carry and know your limmits.

KeepYour Powder Dry
KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 11:09:12 AM »
I have two handguns I use for concealed carry-

a Firestar in .40 S&W that I have a shoulder holster for
Taurus 605 ported in .357 magnum that I put in a small of the back style holster.

Of the two I prefer revolvers for all serious self-defense applications
FFRF.ORG

Land of the free, BECAUSE of the brave

James

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 03:50:45 PM »
I have a 10mm Colt Delta Gold Cup (blue) that I carry from time to time, but my smaller model 971 Rossi .357 is a lot easier to pack around. 
We cannot improve our government by electing people that hate our government...

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 08:23:14 PM »
I carry a S&W 1911 45CAL. with Hollowpoint Black Talon Bullets.If I decide I need to conceal a little more,I'll switch to my Sig P230 380, it is a tad smaller in size then the 1911. weighs less too.

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2011, 11:57:17 PM »
I've been carrying Rugers for going on 20 years; P85 MK II, P89 and a year ago bought the P345. I like the P345 the best but on the 15th of this month I bought Para Ordinance, Warthog Hi-Cap, in stainless, and it's my favorite handgun ever because it's quite a challenge to handle. I've pumped 300 rounds through it in 3 days. It's absolutely fantastic. I carry it with a Galco holster, made in USA and it fits perfect.
I have a load of high capacity clips for the Rugers if anyone is interested I'd let go of some at a fair price.
Paul Orand
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 06:43:10 AM by starfighter33 »
They who are willing to give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither.
Ben Franklin, paraphrased by me.

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 12:00:42 AM »
Does anyone know who stocks the new SR1911 Ruger commerating the anniversary of John Browning's design?
They who are willing to give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither.
Ben Franklin, paraphrased by me.

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 06:05:28 PM »
This thread has not seen much action of late.  Nonetheless, I'll jump in here for my first post on Weatherby Nation.  At the top of my carry list right now is my Springfield EMP in 9 mm.  After that there are a couple oif .380s, a Beretta 84F and a Colt 380 Government (which is the smallest of the bunch).

I keep thinking about a S&W M&P Compact 9 mm or the new M&P Shield 9 mm but have not made a move so far.  I'm actually concentrating on adding some long guns at the moment -- which is what brought me to Weatherby!

MarkA

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2013, 06:22:43 PM »
Used to be NAA 22 mag mini revolver.Now a Kel Tec P32.If it wont fit in my pocket,I usually wont carry.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

lamric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2013, 07:46:11 PM »
M&P Shield 40 in an Old Faithful IWB holster.

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 05:24:50 AM »
Usually a Beretta 92A1 in a Beretta IWB holster, or a SIG P229.357sig.  I used to have a Colt Mustang +2 .380 that was nice, but wasn't too fond of the cocked and locked idea...but in hind sight I wish I would have never gotten rid of it.  Need to get another pocket stuffer like that!
Jeff
     Washington, PA
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person!!!