224KING

• View Profile
Re: Elk hunt
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2021, 04:59:36 AM »
Day 1
It was a cold day on the mountain today. Cold temperatures and windy
2 of us on this hunt, we seen 3 bulls, 2 bucks and a doe
We have cow tags  :o :-\
Maybe tomorrow, there is plenty of sign around.
Having mountain house lasagna with canned venison for dinner, with a couple of beers
Life is good  :D

Yes it is
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2021, 12:16:47 PM »
   Hope you have better luck on todays hunt. Always nice to end the day with a great dinner meal, and your choice of beverage. Eat, drink, sit back and tune out the world, relive the days hunt, plan tomorrows hunt in your mind and put your crosshairs on that cow elk. 8) :)

Btw, great tent size wood stove you've got there. Our's was an old fashion cast iron wood stove that for years pulled double duty as a cooking stove and at night kept us warm. It looked like the one in this picture, but we inherited ours and put another 27 years on it. We liked our primitive camp, no electricity and no running water.(we finally caved and got a Coleman 2 burner stove)
DosEquisShooter

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2021, 12:37:37 PM »
Good luck out there! Looking forward to some more pics.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2021, 05:53:12 PM »
   Hope you have better luck on todays hunt. Always nice to end the day with a great dinner meal, and your choice of beverage. Eat, drink, sit back and tune out the world, relive the days hunt, plan tomorrows hunt in your mind and put your crosshairs on that cow elk. 8) :)

Btw, great tent size wood stove you've got there. Our's was an old fashion cast iron wood stove that for years pulled double duty as a cooking stove and at night kept us warm. It looked like the one in this picture, but we inherited ours and put another 27 years on it. We liked our primitive camp, no electricity and no running water.(we finally caved and got a Coleman 2 burner stove)

Great looking wood stove danno, that would do the trick for heat and cooking

Terry
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 04:56:22 AM »
Day2
Started out going higher. Sign got less and less the higher l went. Came back to camp for a thanksgiving lunch. “Hot Mountain House” and back out.
Spotted a herd this evening, too far to go after them, will try to relocate in the morning, and see if they are in a location to make a move on the

Happy Thanksgiving
Mike

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 02:36:18 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Mike, and good luck locating the heard.  What a great way to hunt.  BTW, how did you guys get all that gear up the mountain, drive, horses, mules, etc.  How high are you guys hunting, and you in CO or another state? 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 05:39:27 PM »
Day 3
No elk, never seen the herd again. 4, Moose all cow’s and around 20 deer
Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 05:47:15 PM »
Hunting in Colorado, 4th season. We are around 7800 at camp, hunting about 8-8500 elevation. We can drive to this camp, so the FJ with a 10’ trailer to get the camp here.
One more day of hunting. Heading home on Sunday, my hunting buddy has to be back to work on Monday. I’m not trying to get a elk out of this country by myself so l am going on Sunday also
Mike

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 06:39:35 PM »
Nice Mike!  I hope you guys can find the heard, and connect.  Good luck on the remaining of the hunt. 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".