Spike Camp

Is Norma dropping Weatherby ?

Mooseman31

• The mountians are calling and i must go.
    • View Profile
Is Norma dropping Weatherby ?
« on: November 23, 2021, 08:34:36 PM »
Just saw this on Instagram!! anyone confirm if its real or fake news? Maybe Adam can chime in?
William.

eford

• View Profile
Re: Is Norma dropping Weatherby ?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 09:21:04 PM »
I doubt it is correct.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 10:13:08 PM »
I doubt it is correct.
unfortunately Eric it is true. I believe it was zonie who talked to Weatherby and norma is no longer making brass for Weatherby.
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 10:24:34 PM »
I was under the impression that Weatherby dropped Norma. Wby heavily invested in loading equipment to load their own ammo. I also heard that their shortage of ammo is due to the brass sitting off the coast of California.

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 10:26:52 PM »
Business decisions have to be made. Maybe another company can produce more of what is needed and have less chances for delays or production-stopping issues. Plus, I have lots of new / unused cases for my Weatherby’s.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

Mooseman31

• The mountians are calling and i must go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 10:59:07 PM »
I would like to think we'd see lower prices on ammo and brass as a result. But i wont hold my breath! :'(
William.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 04:40:10 AM »
I was under the impression that Weatherby dropped Norma. Wby heavily invested in loading equipment to load their own ammo. I also heard that their shortage of ammo is due to the brass sitting off the coast of California.

Got to get your components from somewhere.Making ammo and making the components is 2 different things.
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2021, 05:12:12 AM »
I know from my friend in Minnesota that Federal makes brass and ammo with headstamps other than their own. He lives pretty close to Anoka and his neighbors work there. Weather that includes Weatherby or not is unknow.

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2021, 07:48:36 AM »
If I recall correctly, didn't zonie post that someone from weatherby told him that they was getting some of their brass from hornady and peterson or patterson(something like that)?? Maybe zonie will chime in.  In today's world, it wouldn't surprise me, that they are sourcing brass where ever they can get it.

Rob

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2021, 09:13:34 AM »
I had also heard that Weatherby reduced or dissolved their Norma brass importation. I believe Norma is still making Weatherby calibers for reloading, but the supply chain is a mess right now.
https://normashooting.com/shop/reloading/reloading-brass/340-weatherby-mag-norma-reloading-brass-50-qty/
Come and take it.