Spike Camp

Andi

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
Andi
« on: November 26, 2021, 05:08:01 AM »
2 years ago today, I was looking at replacing Rambo. I was just checking puppy prices. I saw a site with German Shepherd puppies on the way at $2500 each. When I reached out, they said they had deposits on the puppies. They did say they had a 6 month old female I could have free if I picked it up today. I drove the almost 1 hour trip to check it out. The dog had no name, a floppy ear and a kinked tail. I noticed the dog was good with their young kids and snagged her up. She had never had a collar on. I put Rambo's collar on her. she still has it on. She had never ridden in a car before and I was convinced she would barf on the way home. She didn't but cuddled up to me the entire 70 miles on I-95. The dog breath was a bit much and I thought she needed a breath mint. Andie's candies came to mind, thus the name Andi. We had our rough spots but she is turning out to be a great dog. She is still kind of puppy crazy and ready to play in a heartbeat. Totally opposite personality from Rambo! She turns into Godzilla if she sees any threat to me, real or imagined. Rambo went dead silent. Andi lets out a snarl that will make your blood curl. She ain't taking prisoners.   ;D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 05:11:13 AM by Grouchy »

danno50

• View Profile
Re: Andi
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 06:28:01 AM »
Cool dog.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 07:04:52 AM »
Every dog need someone to love.
Good on you for seeing the beautiful dog she is.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 07:11:35 AM »
A more recent picture! The first one was a few days after she got here.  She weighs a tad over 80 lbs. now, pretty big for a female. Thanks guys
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 07:16:38 AM by Grouchy »

3X8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 08:53:12 AM »
Awesome. The ear gives her character  :)

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 10:19:35 AM »
She is such a good looking girl.  You guys are lucky you found each other.  I'll have to stop by on my way to see my mom, and visit you and meat her.  I already know what you look like.  LOL!!!!!
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2021, 11:06:17 AM »
She's a beautiful girl :)
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 11:21:54 AM »
+1  :)
Come and take it.

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2021, 12:25:21 PM »
She is such a good looking girl.  You guys are lucky you found each other.  I'll have to stop by on my way to see my mom, and visit you and meat her.  I already know what you look like.  LOL!!!!!
  I would enjoy seeing you again. I would advise wearing a cup when you meet the head-butting in the crotch dog.   ;D    You back from S D?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 02:53:18 AM by Grouchy »

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2021, 07:19:40 AM »
LOL, I’ll remember that.  Yes I am, got home on Mon at 0305 AM  ;D. Long day of traveling, no easy way to get there and back.  Glad I was traveling with a dog.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2021, 07:49:27 AM »
Her favorite thing is to bite at the hose spray. She sits in front of it, waiting for me. Rambo did that as well. I need to be careful not to get my hand in the way!  It's amazing how high she jumps at the spray for a big dog.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 07:51:12 AM by Grouchy »