Spike Camp

Why so much / only TTSX Weatherby ammo?

Why so much / only TTSX Weatherby ammo?
« on: January 14, 2022, 04:01:25 PM »
Always looking for .270, 7mm and .300 Weatherby ammo.  I’ve started to see a lot of supply returning to local store shelves, but everything I see is only TTSX mono-bullets.  I’m in Texas, so no need to worry about some state laws, but I would like either partitions or accubonds. 

Anyone have an idea as to why TTSX seems to be the most available right now?
Weatherby Enthusiest

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
Re: Why so much / only TTSX Weatherby ammo?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 05:03:06 PM »
I've been more than happy with Barnes bullets in a bunch of calibers. If that's what is available, give them a try.   ;D

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 06:04:07 PM »
Seeing pretty much the same thing here in the northeast with the Barnes, but have been seeing more Weatherby ammo showing up with Hornady bullet loads than anything else. I sure hope thats not a sign of things to come. I'm not a Hornady fan and much prefer the Nosler Accubond and Partition loaded Wby ammo.
Bill

txaggie

• If it bleeds we can kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 08:15:33 PM »
Noslers seem to be extinct right now with everyone,

300 wby - lots of ammo on gunbroker not so overly price (in todays world) i like the scirocco's in mine.

270/7mm if you find those two nosler offerings you will pay dearly for them.

My hope that seasons are ending they will make some more runs. But i know allot many ammo companies are buying up components just waiting on brass. Crazy - might check out texas bow hunter or texas gun trader at times people are letting go of some stock. Since you mentioned being in texas i do some trading on those sites.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 12:24:53 PM »
Thanks everyone for your input.  I did pick a few boxes of TTSX for each caliber to try them. Just hope to see some partitions or accubonds sometime soon. 

I typically frequent a local gun store chain here in Houston called Carter’s Country and they do not gouge on pricing. However, I’ll check out the other Texas sights you mention. 
Weatherby Enthusiest

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 02:52:13 AM »
Where is Nosler ?   I haven't seen any Nosler Partition component bullets on the store shelves in over a year !   Hornady , Sierra,  Barnes and some others filter in small quanities,  but I haven't seen any  Partitions.   

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 09:20:18 AM »
With CBS doing another story on Eagles being lead poisoned by hunters, non-lead bullets will be our future, just like steel shot and waterfowl.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 10:29:34 AM »
By all accounts I'm sure the TTSX is effective and accurate, just never had any need for it in south Texas.
DosEquisShooter

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2022, 06:16:00 AM »
By all accounts I'm sure the TTSX is effective and accurate, just never had any need for it in south Texas.

If you would shoot a Whitetail with one Dan,you'd be a TSX or TTSX customer for life.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2022, 07:09:33 AM »
Or a hog even at 50yds.!   ;D

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2022, 09:32:58 AM »
If you would shoot a Whitetail with one Dan,you'd be a TSX or TTSX customer for life.
       Guess I'll have to try the TTSX on hogs before next deer season.

DosEquisShooter

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2022, 07:03:11 AM »
Living in Central/S.Tx, I've never been a big fan of the Mono's. If deep penetration, pass through perf is what you're after, they serve the purpose well. Where I hunt in S. Texas, often along narrow sendero's, where rattlesnakes, cactus and extremely dense brush reside, I need/want DRT performance. In my experience, monos are lacking in this regard vs cup and core's. Deer certainly seem to run further after taking a mono behind the shoulder as opposed to a c-n-c, where they're more likely to fall at the shot. Last thing I want is to track a deer through rattlesnake and cactus infested brush.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 07:06:43 AM by wbyfan1 »

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2022, 08:55:52 AM »
This is exactly why I always mention that you have to change your thinking about shot placement using the TSX bullet and you'll get that DRT performance

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2022, 10:40:55 AM »
So deer always get a shoulder shot, unless broadside is unavailable?
DosEquisShooter

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2022, 12:53:20 PM »
The deer I shot this year was nearly looking right at me.His body was facing 1 oclock if I'm 12 oclock.I put it on the pinnacle of his left shoulder.Bullet exited his right,rear rib just under backbone.Anchored.If you enter or exit anywhere around the shoulder he's DRT.The bigger,and thicker the deer is the better the TSX works

Remember 10534