Spike Camp

Two months away

PARA45

• View Profile
Re: Two months away
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2022, 02:05:48 PM »
My apologies for being a bit distant from the forum, but the events in Europe have been keeping me busy at work.  Here is a quick update on the safari planning.

Well gents, my safari is getting closer by the minute, with only two months away to the day.

Flight Itinerary - check
CBP 4457 signed - check
Invitation letter - check
Reservations at Africa Sky - check
Rifle Permits with Africa Sky - check
SAPS 520 - check

All I have left is to continue to practice off the sticks, send full payment, pack, wheels up, and to enjoy the hunt. This dream is quickly becoming a reality.

Grouchy, no Oreo is not coming with me.  Someone needs to take care of mama while I'm gone. :)

Mike, I'm still on the fence with either the 270 grs TSX or 260 grs Accubonds.  Rifle shoots them both well.  I'm a bit hesitant about the TSX performance on a small bushbuck.  Decisions, decisions, but I don't believe I can go wrong with either one of them.  I took 180 grs Accubonds shot out of my 300 Weatherby, and they performed beautifully.

I'll probably have two more updates before I leave.  A local friend is making me an old-style canvas sling, belt and a cartridge holder.  I'll post pictures when I have them with me. 

I hope to not disappoint you gents and hope to have tons of pictures and detail hunt report.   I do have a Go-Pro, and I was planning on taking it with me.  Need to include that to my packing checklist. :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 02:07:48 PM by PARA45 »
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2022, 03:17:37 PM »
Good planning makes the trip!  Good luck~ 

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2022, 03:28:31 PM »
I envy you Oscar. Wish I was heading back there. Who are you hunting with? Do you have a little handycam video camera? Go pro's are good but if you have a video camera you can give it to one of the trackers (their is usually 2) and have them film your shots. A video camera can zoom in on the animal and makes for better footage. Just a suggestion. Also don't forget some cheap gifts like baseball style caps to give out to the staff. It saves a bit of money by giving them gifts. And lastly have a bloody good time man!!!!
Aussie gun nut.

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2022, 03:51:40 PM »
In case you don't know it, "Oreo" is a 5lb. rescue Shitsu. Cool dog! You can borrow my loony bitch Andi, PARA45! 

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2022, 08:13:00 PM »
Para :  It's going to be a blast ,  shoot straight, be safe, and have a good time. 

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2022, 04:18:27 PM »
Thank you gents. 

BB, I’m hunting the East Cape with Game 4 Safaris, and the Kalahari with Hans de Klerk Safaris.  I do have a small video recorder, great point.  I always take gifts for them.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".