Couldn't get the article to open but Norma Precision is moving to Savanah
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
Re: Ammo maker moves to Georgia
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 07:28:17 AM »
I saw that in the news yesterday. It failed to mention where they were moving from.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 09:15:36 AM »
The plant is to be located in Chatham Co. near Savanah to get easy port access for shipping.
TD

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 11:22:17 AM »
We need ammo shipping to interior America, NOT overseas!
NRA Endowment Life Member

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 11:31:12 AM »
We need ammo shipping to interior America, NOT overseas!
With our manufacturers shipping millions of rounds to the Ukraine, ammo shortages are here to stay in the foreseeable future.   

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 10:45:35 AM »
My guess would be Special Op's command is fielding new weapons with new cartridges and looks like Norma is one of them from what's in the rumor mill 338 Norma Mag.  U.S. does not like buying not made in the USA if they can help it,  Maybe that's why Norma is setting up a plant in the States, just like Beretta and Sig.

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2022, 03:08:07 PM »
As long as the E U is buying F-35's made here, I'll take ammo from most sources!

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2022, 08:32:56 PM »
US Special Operations Command has become the point of origin and point of sale for several .30 caliber and .33 caliber cartridges, plus the 6.5 Creedmoor and 6 ARC. No matter who makes the ammo, it is match grade (because it has to be) and there is no doubt in my mind the same specs will flow into the civilian market.
The research done by a Marine colonel showed hollow point match bullets can be used by US scout / sniper teams without violating the Geneva Convention rules on weapons. I donít know if this increased the prices of 168 grain Sierra Match Kings, but that was a go-to bullet for the teams using modified rifles chambered in 308 Win.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2022, 11:02:07 AM »
US Special Operations Command has become the point of origin and point of sale for several .30 caliber and .33 caliber cartridges, plus the 6.5 Creedmoor and 6 ARC. No matter who makes the ammo, it is match grade (because it has to be) and there is no doubt in my mind the same specs will flow into the civilian market.
The research done by a Marine colonel showed hollow point match bullets can be used by US scout / sniper teams without violating the Geneva Convention rules on weapons. I donít know if this increased the prices of 168 grain Sierra Match Kings, but that was a go-to bullet for the teams using modified rifles chambered in 308 Win.
      Good info. eford.
DosEquisShooter