Spike Camp

Flies

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
Flies
« on: April 20, 2022, 03:19:22 PM »
The flies here have been exceptionally bad this year. It reminds me of a story my dad would tell. He worked on the Joliet prison (yea, Blues Brothers). He said the flies were terrible. They would change the fly paper on Thursday and serve raisin pie on Friday.  ;D

Re: Flies
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 04:26:13 PM »
LMAO... Thats a good one.
Bill

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 04:39:16 PM »
A meal fit for cons.
Come and take it.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 10:10:00 PM »
So far we've only had Snow Flies.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2022, 06:36:09 AM »
It's been my experience that the flies are the worst where the most dung is.
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2022, 07:49:33 AM »
3 of my neighbors don't clean up after their dogs.  There are several nearby restaurant dumpsters. The blooms on my cactus plants tend to draw them as well. The wind direction comes into it as well. It has been from the west side of the compass, blowing them in. It has changed this morning out of the east, coming from the ocean.  :)

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 10:55:29 AM »
Texas is second only to Florida in size and numbers of mosquitoes in the most recent survey taken, with Louisiana coming in third.
DosEquisShooter

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2022, 11:28:09 AM »
I saw an article about a crocodile blocking a runway at Key West NAS. They finally got animal control to remove it.  :)

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2022, 11:30:21 AM »
It's usually coyotes our airport police have to chase off the runways.
DosEquisShooter

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2022, 01:21:01 PM »
Coyotes would be eaten at Key West NAS!   ;D  They do have a tiny deer there as well, the Key Deer.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2022, 01:55:25 PM »
Coyotes don't have any real enemies within the city limits and as far as the runways, they just get run off.
DosEquisShooter

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2022, 03:21:05 PM »
I think you underrate alligators and crocodiles efficiency!  LOL!

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2022, 05:01:49 PM »
Before the city put up a fence around our little airport the elk and antelope would just walk in, if I remember correctly one airplane hit an elk I don't think anyone was hurt.   The animals are still there and I even saw a large Beaver  stop traffic  on the U.S.  Hwy  on the side of the airport,  vehicles just waited until he crossed,  each year  a lot of elk get hit in the same spot.  We have flies that goes with the territory the one's I dislike are biting deer flies. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 05:03:24 PM by zoniezonie »

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2022, 06:32:33 PM »
So far we've only had Snow Flies.

That's what we use to fly fish for trout in the winter.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2022, 08:21:55 PM »
I think you underrate alligators and crocodiles efficiency!  LOL!
      Maybe you underrate coyotes ability to outsmart alligators, crocodiles, and pythons. This is just part of an article about Florida. (2021) Of course, we've now stolen the Flies thread.

Recently, coyotes have been spotted across South Florida in such alarmingly high quantities that Florida’s Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission held an online seminar earlier this spring to inform Broward County residents how to deal with them if spotted roaming near their homes. Coyotes can thrive and spread in practically any area because of their diet and hierarchy in the food chain. According to the FWC, coyotes eat anything they see, including small domestic animals, fruits, seeds, rodents, and even garbage.
       According to FWC data, there is no concrete number for the amount of coyotes in Florida, but they have been traced back to all 67 counties in the state and even on beaches.
DosEquisShooter