Spike Camp

Hunting Theft

Re: Hunting Theft
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2022, 09:06:55 AM »
I moved a camera for a friend. We had tried 3 places on the ranch and couldn't pick up good enough cell service for it to send pictures. Just for fun I stuck it on the post at the Texas gate at the end of the lane. Figured it would send him pictures of vehicles coming in the lane. It takes a picture every time a vehicle goes down the highway but never catches it so sends the same picture of the empty road every time.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2022, 09:28:53 AM »
Yes I love the movie Night Of The Grizzly.
Clint walker sets a trap for the Bear. But his old freind now Enemy.  Keeps triggering his traps.
So he sets a big bear dbl long spring out side the trap.
Sees him at the lake soaking his ancle.
Says funny thing I set a trap for a bear and caught me a skunk.  All while looking at his boots with holes from the trap.
Then says shame about these boots this one's plumb ruined.  Then throws them both in the Lake.
That's where my way of thinking cones from.
My first thought was to electrify the zipper on the blind.
Mark

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2022, 10:09:59 AM »
Catching the game warden could get ugly.  ;D

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2022, 10:56:48 AM »
Unfortunately there are a lot of a-holes out there,   we are not allowed any geme cams used for hunting public lands in my state that electronically transmit back pictures to another location,  new law here.  we could go to any of bunch of different G&F trick tanks and find a dozen or more games cameras set up on the fence's,  it got stupid so G&F and hunters got tired of it and disallow games cams for hunting, now you can still use them for photography and be legal,  yea like that is going to stop people from using them for hunting.  Anyway if it were me I would set up multiple hidden cams and catch the sucker and turn them into the authorities. 

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2022, 06:00:13 PM »
My area we have just shy of 8 month hunting season and are allowed rimfires.   If you can get close enough to them I would use a 22 mag with a heavier bullet,  they are not a large animal and the ones we have shot with high velocity centerfires have usually ended in a mess ,  get them close enough a good shotgun can be pretty good just so long as he is not in your lap shooting distances.  We have called them in with hand and old tape callers just have to be patient and call times can vary ,  they usually are watching you or in your direction long before you see them,  i've had them come in while calling and a big male was watching a rabbit as it were walking right out in front and got wacked with a 110 gr sierra HP in 308,   what a mess.   big cat probably should have let it pass.  some of my friends have gone to savage 24's or baikal's over /under shotgun /rifle barrels more so for foxes but also other predators for close in barrel and longer range barrels,   my friends use some type of scope mounted,  they figure if a fox is close enough  you are just going to sight down the barrel anyway at these in your lap distances.

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2022, 08:19:30 PM »
I am heading back up tomorrow to put my signs up and put a old garbage picked office chair in my blind. That I use to use before my boys bought me the blackout hunting chair. Basdards
That is the only thing I really will miss. 
And sense the acorn crop failed I am also putting up another blind deep in the hard woods by a marsh.
I will have a camera covering blind and trail if possible.
Mark