Spike Camp

Success

danno50

• View Profile
Re: Success
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2022, 08:07:47 AM »
Congratulations on a very nice antelope and at a pretty long way out. You're work at the reload bench sure paid off.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2022, 08:25:29 AM »
Outstanding, love it when a plan comes together.  Were you hunting on public or private land?

Almost 56%  of the land in Wyoming is public, 44.1 % is private. Finding a place to hunt is the easiest part of the hunt. I was on public (BLM) land.

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2022, 08:29:03 AM »
Congratulations on the pronghorn. They are fun to hunt. Nice rifle scope setup. What bullet did you end up using

I was using Weatherby factory loads with the 90 gr Accubond reseated to a shorter OAL as described in another post. The powder charge was 59.5 grains of a ball powder that I suspect was H-1000.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2022, 08:44:51 AM »
Outstanding, love it when a plan comes together.  Were you hunting on public or private land?

Almost 56%  of the land in Wyoming is public, 44.1 % is private. Finding a place to hunt is the easiest part of the hunt. I was on public (BLM) land.

Oh man, that's even better.  Well done sir! 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2022, 10:48:40 AM »
Good job, nice antelope

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2022, 12:49:56 PM »
Nice, probably 3 yr old. Not bad for the area but we don't grow the tall horns like you see in AZ.

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2022, 11:13:22 PM »
Dino.... I havent looked into hunting Antelope in Wyoming but I know some of the western states are a draw system tag. Is Wyoming the same or simply online and/or over the counter?
Bill

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2022, 12:24:57 PM »
Dino.... I havent looked into hunting Antelope in Wyoming but I know some of the western states are a draw system tag. Is Wyoming the same or simply online and/or over the counter?

Antelope are permit only. Each area has only so many permits available. Deer and elk are available over the counter however, certain areas are permit only. for example, the red desert, elk area 100, has 200 available type 1 (any Elk) permits. Several other types of permits are available for that area. I have been putting in for a type 1 permit now for over 20 years and still waiting. Area 90 for deer is another permit only area. I have drawn once.

So, while a resident can buy an over the counter for deer and elk it isn't valid for every area. Hope this makes it a little more clear than mud.  :)

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2022, 01:28:05 PM »
It does... Thank you.
Bill