Spike Camp

Your screen name

Your screen name
« on: November 04, 2022, 09:47:49 AM »
There's a hidden story on most of our internet screen names.

Reading a comment by pr-diesel-doc on another thread where he called me Buffy got me thinking about this.  Here at home none of my friends, or anyone else, calls me Buffy.  So why am I called that on these Forums?

I've had a Golden Retriever almost constantly since the mid '70s.  Each one has been an almost constant companion.

Back in the early 2000's when I got my first computer, I needed a computer name.  I heard somewhere that I shouldn't use my real name, so I decided to use the name of my Golden Retriever that I had then.  When we got lher she was like a little furry bear cub, so we named her Buffy bear, and I made my computer name buffybr after her.

I had her for 14 1/2 years and she accompanied on many hunts:

What's the story on your computer name?
NRA Endowment Life Member

Re: Your screen name
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 09:53:36 AM »
That's a nice story and Goldens are some of the most wonderful dogs ever. Mine's simple: I'm as about as Texan as you can get and I've loved Weatherby rifles since I was about 14, so there you go.
Come and take it.

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 10:11:46 AM »
Mine is actually my boat/handle name - your supposed to name them after your wife.......she loves to SPEND IT ($)

I do know that my outdoor activities costs are considerably higher then hers and she is OK with that - so far anyway :)

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 10:23:15 AM »
Beautiful story, and beautiful Golden.  Not much to mine, I used to shoot IPSC using a Para Ordnance P14 in 45 ACP, and there you have it.  PARA45.   ;D ;D
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022, 10:33:57 AM »
Great stories guys!

I've also wanted a Weatherby rifle since I was a kid and finally got my first about 12 years ago (and took it to Texas for it's first hunt).

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2022, 11:32:45 AM »
Mine easy. Have always been a .257 fan and owned several over the years. Latest is a Royal Ultra Mark. Don’t see myself hunting in the future with anything else
Mike

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2022, 11:33:30 AM »
Since I live in Arizona,   Zonie my computer name ,  Zonie is what some Californians call people from Arizona who come over to California  to vacation, or visit.  The Zonies are coming.   ZonieZonie is my second computer name as I had a glitch on my computer and Weatherby helped my get back on but couldin't use my original Zonie name.  Still can't post pictures
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 11:37:28 AM by zoniezonie »

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2022, 11:34:47 AM »
Few of the animals taken with a .257 over the years
Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2022, 11:35:47 AM »
Couple more
Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2022, 11:37:06 AM »
More
Mike

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2022, 12:14:45 PM »
"Reading a comment by pr-diesel-doc on another thread where he called me Buffy got me thinking about this.  Here at home none of my friends, or anyone else, calls me Buffy.  So why am I called that on these Forums?"

Buffybr... No disrespect or slighting intended. I'd much rather call everyone by they're actual name, but with forum users having to pick or makeup a user I.D. or screen name, most of the time we user's never really know other uses names and sometimes thats good for protection purposes. Again... No disrespect intended.

As for my "pr-diesel-doc" name, I'm from a small town in north central Pa called Picture Rocks and Ive been a heavy duty diesel engine technician in the on road/off-road field, as well as a Diesel Engine instructor at the college level for a state college her in Pa for over 30 years till I retired 2 years ago.

Great thread.... Ive wondered many a times what some of you guys screen names have arisen from.
Bill

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2022, 12:26:48 PM »
I'm easy, My name is Dean and my zip code.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 12:30:26 PM by Dino82520 »

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2022, 12:41:06 PM »
zoniezonie, tried to send you a PM on posting pictures but was blocked.

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2022, 12:59:06 PM »
"Reading a comment by pr-diesel-doc on another thread where he called me Buffy got me thinking about this.  Here at home none of my friends, or anyone else, calls me Buffy.  So why am I called that on these Forums?"

Buffybr... No disrespect or slighting intended. I'd much rather call everyone by they're actual name, but with forum users having to pick or makeup a user I.D. or screen name, most of the time we user's never really know other uses names and sometimes thats good for protection purposes. Again... No disrespect intended.

As for my "pr-diesel-doc" name, I'm from a small town in north central Pa called Picture Rocks and Ive been a heavy duty diesel engine technician in the on road/off-road field, as well as a Diesel Engine instructor at the college level for a state college her in Pa for over 30 years till I retired 2 years ago.

Great thread.... Ive wondered many a times what some of you guys screen names have arisen from.
No disrespect or slighting taken.

We've all picked a name, and it's interesting to see the backgrounds of them.

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2022, 01:26:05 PM »
I agree... Hope more guys give us thier story on this. I find it quite interesting.
Bill