Spike Camp

Tribute in Passing

danno50

• View Profile
Tribute in Passing
« on: December 22, 2022, 08:38:47 AM »
Today marks 3 years since Roger Shelby Horn (AKA Terminator) passed away, and his contribution to the Weatherby Nation is still truly missed. Like most of us, I never met Roger face to face, but like many, we communicated by email over the years. His post's were always insightful and relevant to our hunting and shooting community. His 257Wby was one of his prize possessions, and his reloading skills were well known. His opinions were many and he didn't often mince words. He was a "good old boy" and will continue to be sorely missed.
          Adios Roger
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 08:41:12 AM by danno50 »
DosEquisShooter

Re: Tribute in Passing
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 09:55:31 AM »
Well said Danno. RIP Roger
Any man who would compromise his freedom in pursuit of safety deserves neither freedom or safety...BF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 10:37:13 AM »
+1
Mike

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 12:13:20 PM »
Things certainly aren't the same around here without him.  I had been back and forth many times over the years with him through email, and I thought we would meet face to face someday.  Roger was from less than an hour from where I'm deer hunting these days here in Arkansas. 
BPH

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 01:32:45 PM »
Yes he is greatly missed.
I was so looking forward to his planned Gopher hunting trip to the ranch that never got to happen.
Sad day for sure.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022, 01:36:13 PM »
Roger was a gold mine of experience and know how. If he fired it and liked it, we knew why he liked it and how fast the critter went down. We miss him and at the same time are grateful for his contributions and friendship. Rest easy buddy.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2022, 02:07:24 PM »
Yes I still think of him often. He was A Gem of A Man. I will always miss him.
Mark

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2022, 02:36:02 PM »
Amen
Bill

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2022, 03:38:01 PM »
Yep, helluva guy. Wish he was still around. We were preparing to meet for lunch at Olive Garden (he liked that place a lot) around the time he passed. He was gone fast. Shame.
Come and take it.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2022, 04:21:39 PM »
Great guy.I think we were a couple of weeks of meeting in person.He had bought a Varmintmaster from me and he wanted to get it in person.I finally got it to Shelby thru a friend of his that was hunting around San Angelo.He sure did love Ruger.Wish I had had a chance to shake his hand.

Remember 10534
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

257 Shooter

• 257 Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2022, 04:27:30 PM »
Roger was the best. I miss him. Rest in peace, brother.

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2022, 05:08:58 PM »
Good man , good friend, a lot of fun to hunt with,  and he did like his whiskey.   
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 05:12:37 PM by zoniezonie »

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2022, 05:42:56 PM »
Yes I still think of him often. He was A Gem of A Man. I will always miss him.

Grizzly was it you going to come shoot gophers with him?
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2022, 08:12:44 AM »
This makes me so proud to call him my uncle and best friend.  There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think about him and miss the hell out of him.  He did love his whisky and Weatherbys. They’re now my most prized possessions.  I wish so badly that he would have gotten to meet my kids but God had other plans.  He thought a lof of this place as well.  If any of you ever get to Southeast Arkansas and want to meet up, please call me.   
TJ

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2022, 08:57:21 AM »
   One more thing:  Roger was the first and only member to ever reach the  bonafide 10,000 post's milestone during his 11 years on the Weatherby Nation. As I touched on earlier, his hunting and shooting post's were always insightful, to the point, and relevant.
       Thanks for responding TJ.
DosEquisShooter