Spike Camp

Here we go again

Here we go again
« on: January 28, 2023, 12:21:59 PM »
As Yogi Berra said, "It seems like Deja Vu all over again".

danno50

• View Profile
Re: Here we go again
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 12:57:16 PM »
Be careful if you use a snow plow.
DosEquisShooter

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 01:51:44 PM »
Be careful if you use a snow plow

;D Yup, set the brake!  What is that white stuff on the ground?  I just finished mowing the green stuff.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 01:53:31 PM by Grouchy »

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 07:55:02 PM »
Be careful if you use a snow plow

;D Yup, set the brake!  What is that white stuff on the ground?  I just finished mowing the green stuff.

Sounds like you're all Yin with no Yang.

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 04:16:45 AM »
I actually miss real winter.  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 06:44:42 AM »
That is why when l retired l didn’t move to Wyoming. Really like the state, spend a lot of time there. Do not like the winters. Guess l had my fill of the winters in Wisconsin that l wasn’t moving back to it. Have to say l like the snow, but l want it gone again in a couple days😂
Mike

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2023, 01:25:24 PM »
To me, putting up with the seasonal changes, extreme cold and snow is more than offset by the clean air, clean water, low crime rate, year round outdoor activities, hunting and fishing opportunities and general overall quality of life.  Not everything in Wyoming has to have horns to be a trophy.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 05:33:16 PM by Dino82520 »

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023, 01:35:46 PM »
I wouldn't want to deal with the winters either. If I had tons of money, a second home there for spring through fall and maybe a hunting trip during winter (no more than a week) would be fantastic. Maybe with a winning lottery ticket  ;D
Come and take it.

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2023, 01:37:01 PM »
The air here is pretty clean. Year round activities are here as well. Fishing is good but expensive. Hunting is seasonal. Only 2 seasons, wet and dry. It's dry season now with 81 degrees.   ;D

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2023, 04:18:50 PM »
Everyone that comes to visit here can't believe how quiet it is and how many stars they can see in the sky at night.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2023, 05:16:22 PM »
About 20 years ago I asked my son what he wanted to do on his birthday. He said he wanted to go for a snowmobile ride. I called his best friends father about and we went as a foursome. We headed up the mountain and rode to a popular lake, about 25 miles. It was cold up there in December but it didn't bother us in our heavy outfits. It was so quiet you could almost hear the silence and the stars were unbelievable. We were at an elevation of about 9600 feet and we just marveled at the experience. We did the same ride several times after but the initial ride was the experience of a lifetime.

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2023, 09:24:28 PM »
friends took their snow mobiles up to one our mtn lakes yesterday for some ice fishing little over 9000 ft,  forest service road gates are closed , but they leave side access for snow mobiles.  I'll talk to them tomorrow and see how they did.  most all the animals up high have dropped down to lower elevations except black bears in hybernation.   It's like another world snow drifts and wind,  I still have  snow at my place  down lower at 6400 ft, starting to melt, elk have been around the property the last month from the storms,   too damn cold for my bones. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 09:35:48 PM by zoniezonie »

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2023, 05:35:32 AM »
Possible record breaking heat here this week with highs near 90!  No rain in that forecast!  The mango trees are in bloom.  8)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 05:39:29 AM by Grouchy »

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2023, 05:52:22 AM »
It’s sleeting here this morning multiple wrecks all ready. It’s suppose to continue off and on thru Wednesday. February has always been our worse month for winter weather.

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2023, 07:46:36 AM »
All macho BS aside, I'm ready for spring. Had another of those arctic cyclones hit this weekend. Just keep throwing wood  in the stove and stay home.