Spike Camp

Discuss the Weatherby Mark XXII®

224KING

• View Profile
Re: Discuss the Weatherby Mark XXIIŪ
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2018, 07:20:30 AM »
Calling will be best.Can't wait to find out about the "W"
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2018, 01:33:21 AM »
I had a couple of conversations yesterday with Weatherby. The first one they asked me to send photos of the serial number (box end and gun). A couple of hours later received a phone call back. They had some people look at the photos including the company historian. All said they had never seen anything like it before, and that for some unknown reason Anschutz stamped a "W" at the end of the serial number (and it was then boxed with the same number). I'll probably keep the gun unfired. It'll make a neat conversation piece. Thinking this may be the only nine character serial number gun ever made by Weatherby (at least until someone else discovers another "W").
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:22:17 PM by Ryedog »

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2018, 02:15:22 PM »
I had a couple of conversations yesterday with Weatherby. The first one they asked me to send photos of the serial number (box end and gun). A couple of hours later received a phone call back. They had some people look at the photos including the company historian. All said they had never seen anything like it before, and that for some unknown reason Anschutz stamped a "W" at the end of the serial number (and it was then boxed with the same number). I'll probably keep the gun unfired. It'll make a neat conversation piece. Afterward I did some quick research on Weatherby serial numbers. It appears the Anschutz XXII's have the longest (most characters) serial numbers with eight. As such this may be the only nine character serial number gun ever made by Weatherby (at least until someone else discovers another "W").

Yep I would keep it unfired too. Will be a great conversation piece. Maybe even worth a bit more than a normal MKII. I might just go and check my rifles serial number now too lol
Aussie gun nut.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2018, 04:11:37 PM »
Ryedog, how about posting a picture of your XXII.   ;D

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2018, 05:34:29 PM »
Ryedog, how about posting a picture of your XXII.   ;D

Attached are a couple of photos (the gun, and a close up of the "W" serial number).

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2018, 05:41:39 PM »
Just beautiful!
DosEquisShooter