Spike Camp

Best 7mm rem mag factory load for deer

Re: Best 7mm rem mag factory load for deer
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 04:05:53 PM »
GMLSX, take A couple of old pair's of pant's, cut the leg's off, tie one end, fill some plastic garbage sack's with sand, tie the end, put in pant leg, tie off with wire. make 4 of them! you now have A VERY stable shooting rest for under 10.00 buck's. You can get sand at any hardware store for about 5.00 A bag. One bag will do the job. I have A 180.00 led sled and would rather shoot from the bag's, I made them 20 inches long. Hope this help's, good shooting to YA...Jerry
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 04:30:17 PM by WBY MAG MAN »
 WBY MAG MAN

Re: Best 7mm rem mag factory load for deer
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 07:47:37 PM »
For the past 15 yrs I have shot both hand loads and factory ammo from my 7mag.  For the past 15yrs I have been very successsful with the nosler balistic tips in a 140 or 150gr.   They are extremly accurate and super deadly on deer.  These bullets deliver a lot of shock  and are made for rapid expansion, but if you keep it in there chest, it kills quick.  These bullets create a huge wound channel and poor shots will do severe tissue damage ( meat).  The hard or solid bullets on the market are made for deep penetration high weight retension not necessary for deer.  Winchester and Federal load both the 140 and 150gr NBT.     
300win