Spike Camp

300 weatherby vangard mag

unkelfester

300 weatherby vangard mag
« on: September 17, 2009, 02:01:43 AM »
does anyone know if you have to use weatherby brand ammo or any good manufacturerof the 300 mag ?

Re: 300 weatherby vangard mag
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 08:40:20 AM »
any manufacture will work as long as it is 300 Weatherby. I reload so i dont know how well some of the others are. Even if you dont reload save your brass you might get into reloading or find a trusted friend that reloads. or if you save your brass you can sell or give it to someone. Good luck :)
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

dubyam

• View Profile
Re: 300 weatherby vangard mag
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 02:26:54 PM »
Any brand of ammo will work, as Derrill has said.

One caution, though, is to be sure you know which 300Mag you have.  The Vanguard is offered in 300Wby, 300WinMag, and 300WSM.  If it's a WSM, you'll only be able to chamber that ammo in your gun, as the other two will be far too long.  If you have the WinMag, you can't chamber the WSM (too big around) or the Weatherby (too long).  The trouble comes when you have a 300Wby, and you load it with 300WinMag ammo.  You can do serious damage to yourself and the rifle.  So read the side of the barrel, and get the ammo that matches what's stamped there.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie