Spike Camp

Discuss the Weatherby Vanguard® SUB-MOA Stainless

ks270

Re: Discuss the Weatherby Vanguard® SUB-MOA Stainless
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2012, 07:52:56 AM »
I would like to see a fluted barrel .

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2016, 10:46:00 PM »
I have had my 257 mag for a couple months now. I absolutely love it. I am getting 5/8 groups with factory 110 accubond ammo. I reloaded 85 grain ballistic tips with rl-22 and get 1/2 groups with these. These are the best groups I've ever shot with any rifle. (I'm just a backwoods deer hunter ;D) topped mine with a leupold vx-III 4.5x14x40ao. If I had to pick at anything with this rifle it would be the trigger. I was able to adjust it though. I can't wait to use it on deer this Nov. I can't remember being this excited to use a new rifle in years. ;)
I feel the same way about mine. I have a Weatherby vanguard and I have a 4.5 to 14 Leopold on it also and mine will shoot almost anything I put in it well. It really likes the 100 grain TS X bullet. I think it's safe to say it's the most accurate rifle I've ever had.  it will shoot  three of those in a quarter inch or less I would love to take mine back to Pennsylvania and hunt whitetails with it. I like it so much I'm going to see if I can get myself an AccuMark in the same caliber.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2016, 04:33:47 AM »
Welcome to the Nation. You've responded to an old thread, a lot of the action is in around the campfire.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member