Spike Camp

Accumark 257 Wby Mag; my new favorite prairie rifle

Accumark 257 Wby Mag; my new favorite prairie rifle
« on: November 09, 2009, 04:32:51 PM »
Killed the first buck with my new LH Accumark in 257 Wby yesterday morning.  It was a very big bodied 4 point 130 class whitetail, taken at 240 yards as he worked a scrape.  I put the 110 grain Accubond just over the heart and that buck dropped out of the scope FOV so fast & hard it looked like the ground opened up & swallowed him.  Much as I love my Remington LH LSS in 270 for hunting deer & goats out here on the prairie, I think the Accumark in 257 Wby might well be the best prairie hunting combo I have ever seen or used.  It's fast, flat shooting, and scary accurate...
OBAMA:  One Big A** Mistake America

Jeff

Re: Accumark 257 Wby Mag; my new favorite prairie rifle
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 09:03:01 PM »
Great to hear your enthusiasm for the new gun and caliber. I too hav a 257 in a left handed mark V Ultralite. It sure has some great promise of accuracy and I shot a Bighorn sheep with it this fall. Hope your hunts will be great. I would say that the combo should be great for deer and speed goats, hope to get drawn for Antelope next fall- I think the Weatherby should be tops for that type of hunt. Good hearing of your success.

Jeff