Spike Camp

Discuss the Weatherby Vanguard® Synthetic

danno50

• View Profile
Re: Discuss the Weatherby Vanguard® Synthetic
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2017, 09:04:02 AM »
BigO, For lack of a better word, I'll say I'm sorry to hear about your medical condition and the necessary treatments that go along with it. I truly hope that the Chemotherapy keeps your illness in remission and allows you to live your life without limits. I certainly hope that your Weatherby's and all your hobbies help occupy your lifestyle and (I speak for the Weatherby Nation) that you'll continue to be part of our forum. In regards to your new rifles, I forgot to mention that a good thorough cleaning with whichever bore solvent you use normally is in order, before you run any rounds down your barrel. I don't think a copper cleaning is necessary, but you can be the judge of that. Hope you get out to the range soon, and keep us posted on how your new hot rods perform. Good Luck!
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2017, 11:33:24 AM »
BigOrange44 I pray all goes well with your chemo, my wife is on chemotherapy number 27 for her cancer.  And  I can  certainly understand your not being up to shooting after all the reactions she has gone thru.
If you don't mind ordering online sometimes Midway has Weatherby ammo at a decent price. The local Cabelas had Accuguards on clearance for $760 last year in 240, 257 and 300 Bee and I'm still kicking myself for not picking up 1 or 2 of them. Hope you make it out shooting soon.
Doug

BigOrange44

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2017, 12:12:18 PM »
Thanks for your encouragement Danno50 and Blackbear3...  Cabellas here does carry Weatherby Ammo but I haven't caught any sales of Weatherby Ammo yet.. I visited my son in the Chicago area last November and we stopped by Cabellas while there.. They had a sale on and I bought 5 boxes which was every box of the 270 Weatherby they had in stock..  My old Weatherby FN Supreme (1957 Southgate) loves the 130 Grain Noslers and Spitzers.