Spike Camp

Discuss the Weatherby Vanguard® Synthetic Package

Discuss the Weatherby Vanguard® Synthetic Package
« on: July 27, 2007, 12:33:14 PM »
Add a deer tag to our Vanguard Synthetic Package and you have everything you need to get started. Package includes our popular Vanguard Synthetic rifle with a Bushnell® Banner 3-9x40mm scope mounted and boresighted in our Custom Shop. Also includes a set of Leupold® Rifleman rings and bases, an Uncle Mikes® nylon sling and Plano® PRO-MAX™ injection-molded case.

tresjoli123

Weatherby Vanguard® Synthetic Package
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 04:17:17 AM »
When this first came out I asked for it for Christmas and my good wife talked to Santa who delivered the best shooting deer rifle I have ever used. One trip to the range and it was reliably placing 1 inch groups at 100 yds.  A great value, light and reliable.  I asked Skip's in NH to add an Accubrake and the recoil is reduced greatly.  Mostly I use Hornady 180 grain SST ammo and keep the table full of venison. :)

RalCat

Re: Discuss the Weatherby Vanguard® Synthetic Package
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 02:48:07 PM »
Would like to see the Synthetic Package offered with the stainless barrel.

zon in wa st

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 01:59:26 AM »
for xmas of 06, my wife and I purchased a stainless package 7mm rem mag.  It was our son's primary gift.  He LOVES it. I had trouble finding him one because apparently the stainless package had been discontinued.  Why?  The kid has bonded with his rifle and has become proficient with it, and even one shot killed the first legal deer he encountered with it.  For the money I spent on it I believe that this was the deal of the century.  It was only slightly more expensive than the regular synthetic package, and here in the pacific NW, stainless rifles make much more sense.  We all know that when a package rifle and scope is made available that there are quality issues with it especially the optics, but my feeling was that this is a weatherby rifle so the quality is unquestioned.  Maybe the scope wouldn't be my or everyones first choice, but the kid can add the scope he really wants later.  We gave him the rifle, if he wants a different scope he can buy it himself!!!LOL.  Bring back the stainless package, after seeing my son's I know several people who were envious of it's EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY AND VALUE!!

GaryHammond

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 08:11:09 PM »
I just recently purchased this Vanguard package in 300 winchester mag. I took it to the range and using Federal 300 winchester mag in 180gr. speer bullets, and a Caldwell lead sled. At first my group was less than 1/2 inch but low and to the left of dead center. For something that was factory bore sighted I was a bit chagrined, but it could be the Federal ammunition, plus a bit of intimidation on my part due to the recoil. Yeeouch!
After some redialing of the scope and resetting of the sled, I was able to put a group of less than 1 inch in bullseye at 100yds, with one of the group at dead center.  I think this will be the best rifle I have ever shot next to the M16 in the Marines!

TheONE73

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 08:59:55 AM »
Bore sighting is designed to "get you on the paper" not hit the bullseye with whatever ammo you decide to run through it.  It sounds from what you posted that they did a good job.   Enjoy your rifle.

firehammer

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 03:33:01 PM »
I just purchased this package in .25-06.  I haven't had a chance to fire it yet.  I can't wait to take it to the range !  ;D   It is my first centerfire rifle.  I have always hunted with a 12 ga. scatter gun so this is new territory.  I figured since the WMA I hunt on was going to make me hunt with 12ga. slugs instead of buckshot, I might as well invest in a rifle.  I'll let you know what happens when I get to the range.

GaryHammond

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 02:25:57 PM »
Well, going out to shoot my Vangaurd one more time before Deer Season in 2 weeks, and will probably fire it again once I get to my destination to make sure the 11 hour drive doesn't shimmy things around too much.  I really love this gun, but would definitely love to put a muzzle brake/flash suppressor on it for next year. 
Question, how does one take off the current recoil pad to fit the stock with a Simms/
Limbsaver Recoil Pad?

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 03:49:16 PM »
I'm going to guess there are two slits (nearly not visible) in the back of the pad.  Just squeeze it around in your hands for a minute and you should see them.  Just use a phillips head (I think) and back the screws out.  Not sure which model replacement pad you should use, but there is one that fits, I've heard, in the pre-fit pads selection.  Not sure which brand (Sims or Pachmyr).
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

MTELKHUNTER

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 08:55:18 PM »
Is there a place where i can buy a synthetic stock for my Vanguard that has a wood stock?

JBond

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 11:24:44 PM »
Look at Miday.  They have a bunch of synthetic stocks for the Vanguard.  Here is the link:

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseProducts.aspx?pageNum=1&tabId=9&categoryId=12815&categoryString=10636***10560***10466***11671***

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 07:41:18 AM »
See my other post (to your other post) regarding www.lockstock.com having the best prices on the Medalist stocks from B&C.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

derek82ln7

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 08:21:47 PM »
An excellent value for the equipment given.  Out of the box it shot better than the factory included target.  Some small adjustments with similar ammo proved awesome.  The old timers at my range even started scoping my shots.  The only request would be for a better recoil pad.  Granted I wont be shooting 30 rounds at a time with this rifle this fall.  Thanks again.   Run elk run.

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 11:06:14 PM »
Maybe Weatherby could offer an upgrade package offering Zeiss and Leupold scope options.  Weatheby buying power may help cut cost of the after market installation

Judy

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 11:32:22 PM »
Would like to see it in .270 Weatherby Mag.