Spike Camp

Discuss the Weatherby PA-08 Upland

admin2

Discuss the Weatherby PA-08 Upland
« on: October 31, 2007, 07:37:48 PM »
When concealment is the key, this semi-automatic shotgun with Skyline Camouflage’s Apparition Excel™ is the clear choice.

Magnum 7mm

Re: Discuss the Weatherby PA-08 Upland
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 05:33:40 PM »
I thought the PA-08 was a pump action?  Anyway, for the price, it seems like a good deal!  I might have to purchase one for hunting various small game.  It would also make a good "truck gun"

Wayawatsi

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 09:24:19 PM »
I'm seriouly considering buying one. Has anyone shot one yet? Howed they perform in the feild? I expect great, I'm a lifelong Weatherby fan, but just looking for some one whos used one to put my mind at ease, I don't have a lot of money to play with so really want to make it count. Did it jam under rapid fire? Etc?   ???

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 08:57:19 AM »
Way,

The PA-08 is a pump shotgun, but to answer your questions about field testing, I grew up shooting an 870.  Who hasn't! ;D  The new PA-08 is smooth and durable, we have put it through a heavy endurance test with magnum loads.  It passed no problem.  It points and feels great. We have a real winner.  Its a great gun aesthetically and it does the job well in the field.  You won't be dissapointed.   You should be seeing them on the shelves very soon.  Hope this answered your questions, if you have any more just let me know.  I would be glad to help.
"Aim Small, Miss Small"

Wayawatsi

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 09:11:35 AM »
Thanks, adsmith, I grew up with an 870 as well as JC Higgins 12ga bolt, a couple of Moss 5oo's, Have always wanted a Weatherby Shotgun but never could afford. Highly excited about the new PA-08! Which I wanted the pump model- personal preference!  ;D Thnks for the info! How soon do you think they'll be available?  ???

woody2002123

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 06:47:10 AM »
 I just purchased the PA 08 and like what I see , BUT I cant seem to find any choke tubes for it . I went out and was doing some patterning  with the full choke that comes with it &  I cant get a good pattern ( for turkey) beyond 30-35 yards  , I would like a little more distance and pattern .
   Someone said that the choke I showed him looked like a Remington type ? hell I don't know can anyone help me ?

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 08:58:54 AM »
The choke tube thread pattern on all Weatherby shotguns is Briley compatible. You can find an extra full choke on weatherby's website. Or you can go google Briley chokes and see what you can come up with. If you are not patterning well, try different turkey loads. If you are shooting inexpensive shells, sometimes they pattern horribly out of a given gun. Try some expensive turkey loads, because they will still be cheaper than a $50 choke.
Isaac

woody2002123

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 10:03:40 PM »
 I ordered a Briley x full off of their web page and also got a vented turkey choke off of ebay and went a patternening , I got the best pattern out of the briley but my buddie got a great pattern from the ebay choke , so he bought that one and I picked up a new briley turkey choke ( X Full Rifled Extended ) I will let you know how that patterns  .
  I am trying many different mfg & loads

campboss

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 08:51:11 PM »
just won a PA08 last night in a raffle.  no posts on this topic in 120 days.  Any input from shooters out there?

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 09:26:28 PM »
Congratulations on your win.I am sure you will enjoy it.I have noticed there is not a lot of responses to shotgun posts.I think a lot of us do not have one or had experiences with one.Don't know why we don't either.Food luck and hope you  enjoy the gun.
Roger
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

OGC5

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 07:42:47 AM »
Purchased a new PA-08 at Dicks Sporting goods here in Florida last month and I have shot about 100 rounds so far. This is a very nice Pump action shotgun that looks more expensive than it is. It has performed great and is very easy to take down for cleaning. Was at the Dicks store yesterday and noticed they had 3 more new PA-08s in stock, I will need to bill them for sharing my good opinion of the gun with other customers. ;D
OGC5
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 07:53:57 AM by OGC5 »

dwbrand

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 10:54:35 PM »
This is my first gun and I'm thrilled with it. I don't really hunt, but enjoy trap shooting usually once every weekend. The gun looks a lot more expensive than it is and shoots very nicely. The pump action is smooth and I don't notice much of a recoil. Highly recommend this gun to anybody.

campboss

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 01:01:39 PM »
OK.  finally shot the gun!  A very positive experience.  It has some reach!  I am impressed.

little gooser

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »
i bought one like weeks ago and shot at a dove at about 55 yards with full choke and dropped the bird and at the same time got to eat dinner  ;D 8)

Ricky Carpenter

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 01:23:00 AM »
You Answered My Question Very Well. I have owned mine about 5 months now and between work,money & bills I havn't been able to even take to the Skeet Range not to mention take it Hunting :'(

Ricky Carpenter
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 01:24:54 AM by Ricky Carpenter »