Spike Camp

Hello!

juan

• View Profile
Hello!
« on: August 13, 2010, 09:25:01 AM »
First at all I want to salute alls of you and give my excuses too for my bad english expressions. I am born in Argentina and I live in this country. I own a Vanguard riflein 300 WM and I wish to ask for something about that gun. Thank you very much.
Why make things easy if you can make it difficult?

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 09:31:18 AM »
Welcome to Weatherbynation Juan: What can we help you with?
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 01:03:03 PM »
Thanks. As I said in my post I have a Vanguard in 300 WM caliber. Since I bought that gun I discovered that the trigger action is too hard for me. I dessambled barrel from action and tried to make the trigger lighter but it is idem hard. Is there another way for adjusting that piece in order to be moore sensitive or lighter. Do you understand what I want to say? Thanks. Juan   

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 01:20:24 PM »
Juan:I know what you mean.You will have to go to a gunsmith to get him to lighten the trigger,$35 here or order an aftermarket trigger like a Timmney for about $200 here.I find I can eventually get used to most trigger pulls if I Shoot them enough.Good luck.Do you dove or pigeon hunt in Argentina.
Roger

imr4198

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 08:04:40 AM »
Welcome Aboard,
Try http://www.brownells.com/  Search for Vanguard triggers.
your pal,
imr4198

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 05:06:01 PM »
Thanks IMR and Terminator. I will try to get a Timney Adjustable trigger because the trigger of my Vanguard is too hard for me. About my hunting activities in my country I use to practice shotting in the Argentina Federal Shotting Asociation and sometimes I hunt wild boars and deers. In Argentina there is very gsod wild boars, deers, anthilopes, and very wild animals like those. For all of you, my regards. In my country a Timmey trigger is about u$  150 (dollars) Until next topic if you want. I will do.

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 07:54:07 PM »
Juan:Good luck.Let us know how the new trigger works.Thanks for the information about what you hunt in Argentina.
Roger

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 10:24:03 AM »
By the way, anyone know what kind of wood is the sotck of my Vanguard. It is an Sporter. I understand the forend is made in rosewood but what about the stock body? What means "fancy valnut"? It is such a wood near valnut or some similar? Thanks, Juan

james7mmwby

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 06:27:31 PM »
Juan,

Your tock is made of Walnut wood. Fancy refers to the quality of the wood.

sseden

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 06:38:00 PM »
Timney triggers are user adjustable. One screw holds the assembly in a notch on the receiver. Easy to install and the price will be about 125 bucks US from Midway.

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 12:48:14 PM »
This is a thing I owed you since a long time. Specially to Roger. A few days ago I installed the Timney Trigger in my Weatherby Vanguard. I did it myself and it resulted  easy. I removed the action from stock and installed the new trigger the same way like original was.. There is not in Argentina that kind of triggers so I had to buy that piece  from Trigger Co, directly in Phoenix Arizona. I did it through the website It was a very clean transaction and they did all what they have promised me. I can say they are seious people. I have to pay tax in Argentina customs, but it is another problem. Timney trigger looks very well and works better. Last Sunday I went to the Shotting Club and I could check so. Really, It is a big and very good change  in my rifle. I requested the trigger tested at 1.5 pounds and I think it is like this. I have obtained better results, accurace and confidence with my Vanguard.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 12:52:37 PM by juan »

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 03:04:28 PM »
Congratulations Juan.We are all glad it worked for you.A good trigger can really make a big difference.I also like a lighter trigger pull.
Roger

NMARKANITE

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 08:49:15 PM »
Welcome to the Nation Juan and congrats on your Rifle purchase and also for being able to replace your trigger with a Timney! Those guys in Arizona are a big help with installation if you ever have questions for them! Did not know you were looking at replacing the trigger and you will probably be happy with the Timney but i just wanted to pass on to you that on page 8 of the Weatherby Vanguards owners manual it explains how to adjust the let off weight for the trigger pull! It is also on the websites main page under Vanguard manuals on page 8! You need a trigger pull gage no matter what trigger you have as having a trigger too light can be an issue if it's too light! I would also add that a digital gage is more accurate than a mechanical gage in getting a true let off weight! I have the Lyman digital and it is 1 really nice gage and i have seen them on sale for close to 50.00 $$ US! Way more accurate than a mechanical and it has a 10 pull average function. I have also noticed after an adjustment and taking the rifle out shooting it that the trigger pull can change a little so a gage is a must if you will replace or adjust any trigger! I did notice you had some really nice setups to hunt from from your pictures! Once again welcome aboard! ;D

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 06:24:42 AM »
Thanks for anwser me. I am realliy happy to can talk with all of you in that country. Good luck for all of you and we will be in contact. From Argentina, friendly Juan