Spike Camp

New Moultrie Cameras

Navigator28

New Moultrie Cameras
« on: November 06, 2007, 04:34:09 AM »
Has anyone here used Moultries latest Game Spy series cameras? Just purchased the Game Spy Infrared Dig 40 and the Game Spy Flash Dig. 40. Have read up on them and they seem to have jumped leaps and bounds on trigger activation. I have one of last years Moultrie Flash Dig. cameras and find that it takes forever to "wake-up" then actually take the shot. I'm now using that camera only at one of my feeders in Louisiana. The new cameras report a 1-2 second "trip" time which should make it a good choice for the game trails which I hunt in Alabama. I did like the 6volt battery set-up in the old Moultrie however, don't know if the D cells in new cameras will last as long. I have a couple of 3 year old Wildviews I paid $175 ea. then and they still work fine with a fairly quick trigger. I have a first gen. infrared digital camera I still use (paid $450 'bout 6 yrs ago). Game has to be extremely close at night, doesn't have transferrable image software, but came with a viewer that has a whopping 1" diagnal screen...gotta love technology
Any other cameras out there say in the $200-$250 price range worth a look at? I know the cuddeback's all the rave but I'm looking at purchasing another 3-5 of these units this season and can't see spending that kind of money.
Any comments on these newer cameras will be greatly appreciated.

canuck

Re: New Moultrie Cameras
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 04:50:51 PM »
I have been very happy with the Moultrie IR40 camera that I have had.....it has been out in the bush for a month and the battery indicator read 89% last week.  I has taken hundreds of photos both daylight and infared.  The D batteries seem to be working well.
Here are a few photos from it.

Shane

Navigator28

Re: New Moultrie Cameras
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 07:54:33 PM »
Thanks for the info Shane, I recieved one of them already. I'm headed home tomorrow after3 weeks at sea.... can't wait to hit the woods. :)