Spike Camp

Action screws for Weatherby Mark V

Action screws for Weatherby Mark V
« on: September 09, 2010, 08:33:34 AM »
I would like to replace both action screws on my Weatherby Mark V rifle with a torx head screw. Does anyone know where replacement screws of this type may be ordered?
I was told by Weatherby they are 1/4 x 28 in size.

Thanks for your help!

Okie
cp

James

• View Profile
Re: Action screws for Weatherby Mark V
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 01:04:05 PM »
Lots of places sell Torx screws. Try your local gunsmith, hardware store, or machine shop, or just search online for Torx screws. The problem is that you may have to purchase a small box of them to get the two screws you need.

You have the screw size and the thread pattern, but you must also include the length of the screws you require.
We cannot improve our government by electing people that hate our government...

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 03:30:28 PM »
Okie was wondering what the final out come was on this.  I changed out the stock on my Mark V and also wanting to replace the slot head screws with socket head type. Have ordered a set of extra long hex head screws for the Remington action and will give these a try Mark V and do the required fitting as needed if they are to long.  What was your final solution? 

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 05:56:33 PM »
I was going to suggest the same thing as Charles - see if screws for a Remington could be modified to work. Those are easy to find, and blued "donor screws" are probably available in many places.

Brownells sells longer blued and stainless Remington screws, FYI.

Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 06:23:02 AM »
I would try Brownell's first. or a good hardware store.
Midway has gun parts now too , but not sure if the selection is all that great.. 

Chip

ffree

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 08:11:41 AM »
Are the Mark V screws two different lengths? Might have to buy 2 boxes of screws
Frank W. Free

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 08:20:50 AM »
As Jim mentioned just find them locally where you do not have to buy boxes of screws you will never use! Jim mentioned that they were of different length and just curious why would you need Torx screws for this application?
PS: Owners manual would have answered your question on length and if you do not have 1 they have them on this site!
The important issue is installing them properly and that should be in the owners manual but is not but can be found in the Support section in the FAQ section! Torx screws heads will look funny as they are taller than a flat head screw?
http://www.weatherby.com/support/faq/latest/items
NRA Distinguished Life Member
Operation Desert Shield / Storm Disabled Vet

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 06:49:44 PM »
Has anyone gotten an update on this question? Aren't the new Mark V action screws allen head? I'd like to swap out to these on ALL six of my Mark V's.
tbailey

"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." Ayn Rand, from the book, Atlas Shrugged