Spike Camp

Who has the oldest Weatherby rifles?

Re: Who has the oldest Weatherby rifles?
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2016, 09:22:45 PM »
Just picked up a 1954 300wby (mauser action) 202x serial - hoping to get some info on the old "very odd" rifle.

We have german / jap & USA made MKV's but the mauser is the one I prefer.

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2016, 09:47:19 AM »
Received this Weatherby 300, passed down from my grandfather, who received it from a patient of his.  For the life of me, I cannot locate a S/N on it.  I'm guessing it's from mid-50s, with a 1917 Enfield action. Any info would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:21:07 PM by mdwbbi »

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2016, 10:23:37 AM »
SN is probably under the front scope mounting base.Your rifle is what's called a "Round Nose" and it will be under the 1200 SN.SN will probably be under a 1000.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2016, 02:46:13 PM »
SN is probably under the front scope mounting base.Your rifle is what's called a "Round Nose" and it will be under the 1200 SN.SN will probably be under a 1000.

224KING,
Thanks for the info.  I spoke with someone in the Weatherby custom shop regarding my rifle, and it sounds like it may be from late 40s.  How does "Round Nose" apply to this rifle?  I understand how it applies to some large caliber bullets with a round nose, but not sure what it means in regards to this rifle.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2016, 08:23:57 PM »
The first rifles that were converted or built from scratch by Roy had a rounded fore end on the stock.Sometime in between the SN 1100 and 1200 he started building them like they are still to this date with a more squared off fore end clip with the reversed 45 degree angle.See how much different your fore end clip is compared to the Deluxe models today?That is what I'm talking about.There are a certain few collectors that only collect these rifles.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2016, 08:38:33 PM »
I removed the scope mount and found the SN under the front mount as suggested in replies here.  The pic shows U.S. Model of 1917 Remington 348054.  Did Weatherby build rifles with Remington Enfields?  Or is this something else all together?

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2016, 02:50:29 AM »
Early Weatherby conversion.Butt pad pretty much seals the deal.I believe it to be authentic.It does have a white diamond inlay in the pistol grip cap doesn't it?

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2016, 07:01:36 AM »
Early Weatherby conversion.Butt pad pretty much seals the deal.I believe it to be authentic.It does have a white diamond inlay in the pistol grip cap doesn't it?
Yes, it does.

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2017, 11:21:54 AM »
I inherited mine at the age of 13yrs old i am now 39. from my uncle who was a marine sniper in Vietnam he said weatherby had a rep on the base and was giving them discounts for the military guys if i remember right he said he paid somewhere around 300.00 for it (dont quote me on that).  300.wby mag Mark V made in Germany serial #30026 the only hunting rifle i have ever owned. i have no intentions on selling it but i would like to know the value of it if anyone knows. its still in great shape the blueing is not perfect but no rust and no pits.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2017, 06:14:18 AM »
700 to 1200 depending on condition and what scope/mounts it has