Spike Camp

Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® Accumark® -Left Hand

Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® Accumark® -Left Hand
« on: July 27, 2007, 12:15:28 PM »
The name says it all. The Accumark® is a performance-enhanced rifle that makes its mark with guaranteed, repeatable accuracy that gives you the confidence to make the shot of a lifetime.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 03:52:16 PM by admin »

teesatts

Re: Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® Accumark® -Left Hand
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 10:09:52 PM »
The name does say it all.  This is a very accurate rifle.  I would recommend this to any left handed shooter.

Bulldancer

Re: Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® Accumark®
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 10:02:32 PM »
I bought an Accumark in .257 Wby mag last year and it is one of the most accurate rifles I own. I have 2 rifles that group better but they are smaller calibers. I would not trade it due to the fact that it is accurate. I am planning to buy an Ultralightweight before elk season due to the weight of the Ultralightweight vs. the Accumark.

steve65

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 01:46:33 AM »
I have the L/H Accumark in 300wby and yep she is very accurate here is a 6 shot group @ 500meters :P :P with 180barnes TSX ;D

Cheers

257WBY

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 08:50:09 AM »
I have a 300 Wby Accumark, but the utralight 257 gets to go deer hunting more because of the weight.  I wish more left handed options would come out.  I'm thinking about a 270Wbymag in the ultralight.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 08:49:45 AM »
Steve, I have to know, what's your load for those 180's?  That's one heck of a group!  I am guessing between 3-3.5" if I am measuring correctly on my computer screen.  Impressive!
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

steve65

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 03:48:11 PM »
Hi dubyam
Load consists of 83.2 AR2213sc 180BarnesTSX.... OAL is 90.78mm(3.576) Fed 215 primers
Neck tension .002  Dies used are Redding compitition.And as far as i know AR2213sc is sold as H4831sc in the US.??????

Cheers
Steve
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 03:50:02 PM by Stephen »

HuntinJack

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 06:18:24 PM »
I think the Accumark is a great rifle.  I own one in .30-06. Why did Weatherby stop offering the Accumark in .30-06  ???

lonniesavage

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 08:28:07 PM »
i own 2 30-378's. one is a stainless steel and is still in the box. the other is a accumark. i have a springfield armory scope, (with the bubble) mounted on it. i use it for shooting prairie dogs. let me tell you,it can reach out and touch them. i reload it with 125 gr nosler bt's and it shoots 3/8 of an inch zero at 100 yards. i just love shooting it, all day.
my brother has an accumark in the 257. fantastic rifle. super prairie dog rifle with varment loads. they are super accurate.   

Magnum 7mm

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 10:24:11 AM »
I have a left hand Accumark in 300 Weatherby mag.  With the 165 grain Ballistic Tip factory load, it will group 1" @ 200 yards consistently.  It is one heck of a "bean field" rifle for deer.

northernboy

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 07:10:00 AM »
I own an accumark in 338-378 wby, and I have to admit it has to be the sweetest rifle I have ever shot.  The first time I saw the .378 case I thought it looked like an anti-aircraft round, and I have to admit with the 30.06 springfield being the largest calibre I had shot before that I was a little bit intimidated.  Regardless I put the rifle up to my shoulder and pulled the trigger and was amazed by the amount of recoil (or rather lack there of).  This rifle comes to your shoulder beautifully, the short bolt lift is absolutely awesome and the way the gun absorbs the recoil (through stock design and accubrake - although even without the break its not uncomfortable to shoot) is unbelieveable
I have to admit, that first shot was really my first true weatherby experience, up until then I had only heard myths about these marvelous rifles, or handled them in store show rooms, but once I pulled that trigger, it began.  And I have caught what a close circle of us over here in Australia have termed "weatherbyitis"

downtoearth15

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 01:52:04 PM »
My .240 WM has been rebuilt (26" HS Precision barrel fluted, action trued, HS precision stock) by HS precision in Rapid City.  This rifle will group under 1/2 inch at 100 yards.  I also have a HS Precision 30-378, and 378 in their takedown, the 30-378 shoots under 1/2 inch groups and the 378 right at 1/2 inch groups with the nosler 260 grain bullet.  If you would like a takedown rifle that shoots 1/2 inch groups buy HS Precision, they are unbelievable, and they repeat within 1/2 inch when replacing the barrel.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 02:10:06 PM by downtoearth15 »

brad

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 03:27:35 AM »
so any one got any good loads for a 30-378 thanks brad
problem solve problem staying solve engine troops lead the way

RSABear

In 2006, I purchased what I believed the most suitable hunting rifle for my hunting purposes (African Plains Game) a Mark V Accumark in 300 Win Mag caliber. The application process to follow to obtain a firearm license in my country is a tedious and complex process with many legal obstacles. The choice of rifle was key, it needed to be accurate and last for many generations of hunters to come in my family.

In less than 3 months from now I will have the much sought after license card in my possession and I will be on the way to the gun shop to collect my brand new rifle. It has been a long wait...

I have a right hand version though, I battle to shoot left hand, but maybe it's just me.

Any other Mark V 300 Win shooters out there?

The next step is to find a suitable scope and find a healthy diet in the form of reloads to feed my rifle.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 12:24:30 PM by RSABear »

norel32

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 02:54:19 AM »
If you've ever seen the movie,"Quigly Down Under," you'll understand why I love this rifle.    I pulled a Quigly shot at 400yrds., I was amazed!.  That barn bucket went flying.  There was hardly any recoil and the action is so smooth.  I thought that the bolt action of the Winchester Modle 70 was good, but out in the field, the Weatherby was outstanding.  I would reccomend this rifle over a Springfield Armory M-14.