Spike Camp

Coyote hunting tips?

• View Profile
Re: Coyote hunting tips?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 03:51:18 PM »
I have been getting some private messages asking where I get my calls from. The best place I have found is      Allpredatorcalls.com  They will send a 55 page catalog with nothing but predator calls, electronic callers and camo and just about anything you can think of for predator hunting. I have ordered from them in the past and they ship it right now. Their phone number is   888 826 9683 Mon-Fri  9AM to 5PM  MST
Frank W. Free

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 01:04:41 PM »
I just got A fawn decoy and have the brain storm of taking A deer bleet can call. And weighting the bottom of it. Screw both side of the top of it to a rod that forks so I can place the call near the decoy and use fishing line to tip the call over and have the weighted bottom turn it up right again. A coulple of rods with fishing pole eyelets on them to run the line thru back to your blind or posting position and POW. looks good on paper. I will test this in 2 weeks when I head up north on my anual coyote hunt.

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 06:24:56 PM »
Mark:Sounds like a plan.Which fawn decoy did you get?
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 06:32:59 PM »
Thanks Roger
I got A feather flex fawn off e-bay made the guy an offer for 40 bucks shipped. and he took it. Theres 1 left  try him for 38 lol

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 08:03:24 PM »
some of the things my father would do...... they smell real good and like to come down wind especially if they are wary of an ambush...... they also hear good so don't try to call 5 minutes after walking from your vehicle..... they will just bark (laugh at you)..... my father would get parrafin and boil it in water with the plants from the area you are hunting in and dip his shoes... a pair of socks and camo in it and get the human smell off..... you dont need alot of parriffin just a bit to get the plant odors trapped in the clothes..... let them dry outside away from the house a bit..... we had sage, creosote and plants of that nature around us..... dont wear deoderant or soaps that have perfumy crap in them.... he would sit in a high spot for a good view behind big creosote bushes so he could see out better than they could see in...... he hated taking me when i was real little cus i didnt know how to sit still for long and keep quite..... stay still and scan with your eyes.... dont use specs or optics... they shine alot... if you do try to keep the sun behind you... he would use coyote bait that he would set traps with every once in a while...... it stinks real bad but they love it..... always call in one direction but keep your glance towards the direction the wind is blowing .... that is where they usually come in at..... if they are to far away be patient and they will come into range soon enough..... just dont go crazy on the call.... it helps to lower the volume and break up the normal rabbit cries with softer whimpers...... louder isn;t always better.... a call that is repetitive or that doesn't break randomly hints them too... they have a sixth sence and know when danger is around them so you just have to stay calm and patient.... it is a game of wits and waiting..... sometime you get lucky.... it is usually only when they are desperate for food and willing to throw caution to the wind..... dont take shots on anything that is beyond your capability or range that you have not practiced and mastered.... if the wind is bad that goes double..... nothing worse than shooting a dog in a leg and have him get away and die miserably.... good clean kills are what makes hunters sportsman...... just my 2 scents