Spike Camp

Need replacmeent extractor

Spanners

Need replacmeent extractor
« on: April 27, 2011, 11:05:49 PM »
I need a replacement extractor for a 270 MKV Fibremark.
Where can I buy one online and fit myself and save shipping the gun etc around the place?

Chip

• View Profile
Re: Need replacmeent extractor
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 05:27:36 AM »
Why would you need to ship the whole rifle to have the extractor replaced?
I would call Weatherby and sent the bolt in to them.  You can try Brownells for the part if you want to do it yourself.

Spanners

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 05:10:41 PM »
Its not a cost of shipping, its the international issue -I'm not in the US at the moment.

Brownells and Numrich - no good

zonie

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 05:58:43 PM »
You are not in the US, gun parts sent overseas is an iffy thing post 911.  You might want to see if there is any distributer or gunsmith wherever you are at that imports from the US and go from there.   

Spanners

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 06:02:16 PM »
Its not an issue as the value is under $100 and not a ITAR restricted part.

I export and import from the states on a bi weekly basis.

The local agents here are effectively like  Wallmart - a chain store with no idea or ability to give a shit

FastShootingCarts

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 01:28:08 PM »
Greetings.  I just purchased a used Vanguard in .338 Win. Mag. and the extractor needs replacing.  I ordered the extractor from Midway.  How easy is it to replace this myself?  Are there any videos on extractor replacement for the Vanguard in a magnum caliber?

Thanks.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 03:02:31 PM »
I got an extractor from WBY. for an ultra light 270 and it is easy to replace if you have a small pin punch set.
John

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 06:59:22 AM »
I'm watching this thread as I emailed Weatherby on exactly this and received no reply. Our SA agents are a joke. And how little they know about the product is frightening.
I shoot cases with a belt because I feel the other cartridges need to pull their trousers up.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 08:39:39 AM »
We always hear that people don't get thru with emails,but we also hear a lot that they fix people up when they call on the phone.A phone call may be an obstacle for you though.If you can figure out the time difference and find a way to call,that's what would be best.They are closed on Fridays
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 08:43:02 AM »
It's best to call on the phone, the lady I talked to got my extractor in the mail the same day. Like 224 King said they have always been very helpful when speaking to them direct.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 08:47:43 AM by oregonmarkv »
John

FastShootingCarts

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 09:48:38 AM »
Are there any videos or instructions on how to replace the extractor?  Maybe it's very easy but I'm afraid I may muck something up  ::).  Thanks!

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 10:02:56 AM »
If you search YouTube for the terms "Vanguard extractor replacement" you may find some helpful videos.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

rgam4272

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 01:12:23 AM »
Matt,

- I did a quick check for the extractor that you are looking for, and Numrich Gun Parts Corp has
them in stock for around $31 dollars US.  The Product #is: 1009300 contact info as follows:

Mailing Address:
Numrich Gun Parts Corporation
226 Williams Ln.
Kingston, NY 12401
Fax:  877.486.7278
Sales and Order Line:
M-F 8:00 am - 4:30 pm ET

Do a google search and get their email info from website.  Hope this helps you!
Semper Fi,
Rg

tbone

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 09:14:16 AM »
This is Teresa from the Service Dept. at Weatherby.  The original post from Matt looking for an extractor is dated 4-27-11, so I imagine he has long since been helped by now.

To reply to "African Leadwood" who is also looking for an extractor, we apologize you did not receive a reply to your email. To place an order for one you will need to contact the Service Department with the serial # of your rifle.  Please give us a call Monday - Thursday between the hours of 6:30am-5:00pm Pacific time and we'd be happy to help you.

Thank you.