Spike Camp

Rifle Bliss

greyrider

Rifle Bliss
« on: May 21, 2011, 08:25:24 PM »
I recall when I first joined WeatherbyNation, I posted about all the $1000.00 + rifle/scope combos I had and lost due to economy and keeping my business afloat over the last 3yrs. These were dark days indeed. I joined WN before I purchased my Vanguard and many of the fine, well dressed and straight shooting members patiently answered my redundant and boring questions and helped me to distill my choices in rifle, caliber and scope.Though the resulting rig may appear modest to some, she represents a return to better days for me.To everyone of you, many thanks and may you find a solid rest and calm wind.

New Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic 308 Winchester : $330.00
New Bushnell Elite 4200 3-9x40:                                      $169.00

Pride of ownership-PRICELESS!!!!!

Re: Rifle Bliss
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 08:34:56 PM »
Congratulations on your purchases.You have a great rig and got some good buys also.Let us know how it shoots and what game you get with it.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »
GreyRider, congrats on the fine rig. If you've followed much of what I've posted over theyears, you know that I went through some rough economics as well. I sold just about everything but the guns (most were my dad's and I was blessed not to have to sell them). But the boat went, as did hunting for a coulple of years, among other things. Much as you, I rediscovered some important things through th process.

Glad things are moving in a positive direction. And I'd be proud to own a 308 rig like you have. Priceless indeed!
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

joaseas@yahoo.com

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 08:04:49 AM »
Now that is some nice buys on your new set up,I am sure you will enjoy shooting it let us know how it shoots..

Oregon Jim

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 09:06:29 AM »
Hard times appear to have hit most of us badly at some point in our lives. I have been desperately poor a couple of times due to changes in the economy and my own ignorance, and each time I have had to part with all of my most valued possessions in order to keep food on the table for my kids. I sold my very first Weatherby, a Mark V deluxe chambered in the .300 Wby., for $200 when my daughter was born. Nothing quite defines mixed emotions like the combination of jubilation of becoming a new father and the utter dispair of parting with your Weatherby.

Starting all over again is tough. I offer you my best hopes and wishes. It took many years before I could begin to replace the things I had lost, but the lessons learned were far more important than anything I ever lost, and it has made me appreciate what I have more than ever. Good shooting to you!