Spike Camp

Rifle Scope

240mag

Rifle Scope
« on: June 21, 2011, 10:00:31 PM »
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me about this; http://www.bushnell.com/products/scopes/riflescopes/yardage-pro-riflescope/204124/

The Bushnell yardage pro rangefinder riflescope? Is it good, rating from 1 - 10? Also if any other companies make something similar?

Many thanks,

zonie

Re: Rifle Scope
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:21:24 PM »
Can't say if any of them are any good or not.  My buddy is trying to talk himself into a Burris.    Nikon, Burris, Zeiss, and  Bushnell all have some type of variation. maybe a couple others out there also.. 

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 11:00:05 PM »
A scope should be a scope and nothing more. Do your self a favor an get a good scope and a good range finder. What if that once in a life time shot comes and the electronics fail and you cant see your trophy because your wiz bang contracation fails.
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

240mag

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 11:11:14 PM »
Thanks! The bushnell seems the best from the few i've researched.

I think the scope still works as a scope even if the rangefinder fails.

Cheers,

NIK SOKO

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 03:10:33 AM »
240 as far as i know it does still work as a scope if the range finder fails as it can be used as a scope if you don't want or need to use the range finder,i have two bushnel trophy scopes that were made in japan that i bought a long time ago and they're up there with more expensive scopes optically,i recently bought another 3-9 trophy but it's made in the phillipenes and it's about as good as a nikko stirling scope so i suggest you check where it was made before you buy,if you do buy one I'd be interested in your opinion as i'm thinking of buying one,also if anyone knows where the bushnell elites are made i'd like to know that too because i've thought of replacing the phillipenes made scope with the 3200
                Nik

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 07:12:37 AM »
Nik:I dont know where the Elite series are made, but all the ones I have are excellent.I think a real bang for the buck scope.I always suggest them to others.I dont have any experience with the rangefinder ones though.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

zonie

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 11:49:29 AM »
The biggest issue I have with this type of scope just from reading about them other butt ugly IMO  that I can live with as long as it works.   You are trying to do everything in one package and that doesn't always work if one part breaks.  I don't know enough about them one way or another, but unless they calibrate for altitude I can't see they would be spot on, and  depends on caliber used.  I was just on the phone to Burris and asked some hard questions, and they did say you can program for altitute, usable distance for the lazer is around 800 yds, and 550 yds for the bullet drop dot  on deer sized animals depending on caliber, and it is calibrated for it's max power,  It will calibrate shooting up or down hill angles,  if the battery goes dead you can still use the reticle as normal, and for handloaders if you cannot match a specific bullet in the charts they will calibrate the numbers for you  on a program.   Not a lot of problems so far with electronics,  mostly programing issues that were solved over the phone.  The dot does move  up and down so you don't have to turn knobs to adjust  for holdover.   It would be kind of cool to have and play with.   If I was going to buy one I would give a hard look at the Burris.    You might want to check all the in's and out's of the others to make sure this is something suitable for your needs, and check warranties on the electronics.     
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:00:23 PM by zonie »

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 12:58:08 PM »
240:At the top of the page under "Search site" type in " Bushnell Yardage Pro" .There are several old threads that discussed it.I believe the Burris might have had the best results from the members.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

BigBronz215

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 07:03:25 PM »
I looked it up it's almost 700 dollars with that money you could by a better rifle scope such as Ziess, Leopld, trijicon, and swarzoski. I have leupold scope on all my guns and they are so clear, easy to mount and use. The bad thing about the bushell is that it's bulky and probbaly heavy.

240mag

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 11:54:02 PM »
thanks for all the comments. thats amazing it can compansate for bullet drop, i just hope it doesnt take all the fun out of hunting. A friend of mine has just bought the bushnell but havent spoken to him about it yet. havnet heardd any complaints yet however. I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers,